New Orleans 2023

elwinlo

New Orleans could bid for the 2023 PanAm Games. We could show the world that we can host a successful games that would give our city a chance for a future Olympic bid. We have about 70% venues that are needed. If our city can pull of a good bid, we could host a spectacular PanAm Games

Nah. There are US cities with a BETTER Latino flavor (which is more suited for a PanAm Games) rather than Frenchy New Orleans. Plus, the USOC will be busy with some Winter affairs: some YOG wannabees for 2020 and Reno and Denver for the 2022 WOGs. So a PanAm Games will certainly not feature in the next decade or two.

P.S. New Orleans' last international event, the 1984 Expo, was a money-loser. NO is good for the Mardi Gras and the SuperBowl; nothing more.

Well it wasn't plan out the right way. New Orleans is continuing growing and the Latin community also. We would be an awesome candidate of the Pan Am in 2013.

Superdome- ceremonies/football

N.O. Arena- Basketball/Gymnastics

UNO Arena- Volleyball, Fencing

Tad Gormley (with reconstructing stands up to 50,000 people)- Athletic/Soccer

Conv. Center- Boxing, Karate, Judo, Handball, IBC/MPC

M bad 2023

Um Vancouver hosted it's ceremonies in BC Place and the Superdome is in the midst of renovation

Winter Games though. Plus I didn't know the Superdome was in renovations. Wouldn't it need a track though for the athletics portion? And are they early enough to take it from the Saints?

Tracks and field would be in City park stadium which could

reconfigure the stands and add a second tier to seat 50,000.

New Orleans /Miami as PanAms ain't gonna happen for 2023. The USOC slate will be pretty busy with more important stuff.

well USOC should to secure a bid for the Olympics

• 2 weeks later...

Umm of course!!! Superdome seats more than 72,000

Yeah, but you are saying they get more than that.

I am suspicious because of the continous blackouts in the Motor City, but I still don't see it in a dome.

Could you afford it, is the main question? Not exactly sure the feds want to dole out money for the PanAms.

Nah. There are US cities with a BETTER Latino flavor (which is more suited for a PanAm Games) rather than Frenchy New Orleans.

Actually, te PanAms still need to be hosted by a french speaking city so every language of the motto will be represented: "America, Espirito, Sport, Fraternité". And that would be a convincing argument for PASO. I guess the "latino" flavour can be left with hispanoamerican hosts. Plus, the US hosts cities of the PanAms were pretty american: Chicago and Indianapolis.

Actually, te PanAms still need to be hosted by a french speaking city so every language of the motto will be represented: "America, Espirito, Sport, Fraternité". And that would be a convincing argument for PASO. I guess the "latino" flavour can be left with hispanoamerican hosts. Plus, the US hosts cities of the PanAms were pretty american: Chicago and Indianapolis.

A French Speaking city? The only ones I can think of that can actually host a Pan Ams would be Montreal and Quebec City.

• 1 month later...

Archived