Where to Watch the Announcement(s)

Sir Rols

Well, it's getting close. And before too long I guess people will start asking whether the announcement is going to be broadcast.

To get the ball rolling, here's the first announcement for coverage in Oz:

Fox Sports to provide live and comprehensive coverage of 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup announcements

Australia is in the running to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup, and Fox Sports will provide the most comprehensive on-air and online coverage of the announcement on December 3.

With FIFA set to announce the hosts of both 2018 and 2022 World Cups, Fox Sports News will run a live two-and-a-half hour broadcast from 1am (EDT), while foxsports.com.au will show a live stream of the announcement beginning at 2am (EDT).

In addition, foxsports.com.au will also stream a special live broadcast of the 7am (EDT) Fox Sports News bulletin direct from Zurich.

In addition, foxsports.com.au users will have the chance to have their say before and after the announcement and read the expert opinions of the Fox Sports football team.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter will make the announcement for the 2022 World Cup at approximately 2am (EDT) on December 3, with Australia up against the United States, Qatar, Japan and Korea Republic.

Former Socceroos striker and Fox Sports commentator Robbie Slater said the announcement may well prove to be the biggest moment in Australian football history.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"There can be no underestimating how big this decision will be for Australian football. Whatever the outcome for Australia, this is something we will look back on as quite possibly the defining moment for the sport in this country."

To catch every moment of this huge moment in Aussie sport, tune into Fox Sports News and log onto foxsports.com.au - your home of football in Australia.

Foxsports

Thanks for posting Rols...probably will watch it even though I can feel the fickle finger of doom pointing at Frank's team. Crossing fingers, eyes, knees and teeth :D

Yeah. I'm just hopeful, rather than confident.

Hmmm. At the moment, I'd say there's bugger all chance I'll get up at 2am in the morning to watch the vote. But then again, I won't say definitely no - I do enjoy the board best when it comes to a decision time.

Actually, isn't it the other way around - midnight for you Sandgropers!

How did I make that mistake!

I'm just so used to WA getting the raw end of the deal wink.gif

Hopefully the City of Perth get something up in the plaza in Northbridge. There will already be ten-thousand people in the city being a Friday night so hopefully there is a nice big gathering for the announcement.

ESPN3.com will be airing it online. I'm sure one of the ESPN TV stations will cut into its programming for the announcement as well, given that I've been reading of public gatherings in NY and DC, therefore somebody has to be showing it.

Archived