Sign in to follow this  
olympics08

2010 Asian Games opening ceremony live chat

Lmao i forgot the closing ceremony was today (was very busy at college sorry) altough i watched some videos of the rehearsals from Youku (they did a mix of various dances from asia). Did the handover to Incheon already happened? How was it?

They had rain performing and you can see the Korean gals screaming in the crowd. :D

Anyway I much prefer this multi-cultural performance than the usual string of local songs which most of the international crowd can barely understand in almost every other CC. While I do understand Chinese, I am pretty sure most of the international folks would switch their TV off if it is just going to be a barrage of Chinese songs. They smartly did not do that. :D

Hmmm I cannot even remember what the closing ceremony was like for Beijing 2008. A whole bunch of Chinese songs, right?

This CC was remarkable in that they chose to showcase Pan-Asian cultures now rather than in the OC. For once, I actually sat through it all.

It is probably just me, but I never liked those "pop concert" style closing ceremonies which tend to be the case nowadays. Such a big yawn.

Am listening to all the pop songs. It all sounds Greek to me!! :lol::lol:

It's too much. NO SUBTLETY whatsoever. I'm sure the fireworks subcontactors got rich on this one...one by one! :lol::lol:

(P.S. Of all the Chinese cuisines, I like Cantonese best of all...over Szechuan and Hunan...all too spicy!!)

Am listening to all the pop songs. It all sounds Greek to me!! :lol::lol:

It's too much. NO SUBTLETY whatsoever. I'm sure the fireworks subcontactors got rich on this one...one by one! :lol::lol:

(P.S. Of all the Chinese cuisines, I like Cantonese best of all...over Szechuan and Hunan...all too spicy!!)

First Post!

Agreed Baron! I couldn't sit through the whole opening and haven't tried the closing because I was turned off. Tone it down.