Sign in to follow this  
olympics08

2010 Asian Games opening ceremony live chat

The games have been officially opened now (i tought it was gonna be Hu Jintao o.o) Time for the OCA flag to enter

No, our government is now proposing to bid for the 2023 Asiad, but only less than 40% of our people support this idea.

Objection over the use of govt funds?

Anyway if the Guangzhou people are rich, they are certainly showing it in the fireworks display! I just love watching fireworks along the waterline and on tall structures!

The OCA flag is now taken to the stage as Sun Nan and Mao Amin sing the 16th Asian Games theme song "Reunion" ("Chongfeng" in Chinese).

The flag will be raised to the OCA's anthem, first played at the 1998 Asian Games.

The flag of the OCA has been raised, now its time for the oathes, and then...

Fu Hiafeng, badmintaon player:

In the name of all the competitors I promise that we shall take part in these Asiuan Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing ourselves to a sport without doping and without drugs, in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honour of our teams.

Guo Hainan, gymnastics judge:

In the name of all the judges and officials, I promise that we shall officiate in these Asian Games with complete impartiality, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them in the true spirit of sportsmanship.

Well, considering chinese invented fireworks, i think this scene worked very well :lol: i think it was simple but cute way of lighting the cauldron.

That is ADORABLE!

Totally what every kid who celebrates Chinese New Year in Asia have experienced!

Precisely man!!! The way the last torch bearer plays along just adds to the humour! :D

Gosh I am feeling so proud to be Chinese again, just like the way I felt in 2008! :D

A diver has just lit the cauldron along with two children from the beginning of this ceremony! They lit a wick (with a Chinese design on its pot) and pyrotechn ics shot up into the cauldron!

Now the finale: Tan Jing singing the song roughly titled "Smile". With fireworks of course, at least later.

To be honest i think the torch relay video would have worked beter if shown before the cauldron lighting