2010 Asian Games opening ceremony live chat

olympics08

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, our government is now proposing to bid for the 2023 Asiad, but only less than 40% of our people support this idea.

Objection over the use of govt funds?

Anyway if the Guangzhou people are rich, they are certainly showing it in the fireworks display! I just love watching fireworks along the waterline and on tall structures!

Fu Hiafeng, badmintaon player:

In the name of all the competitors I promise that we shall take part in these Asiuan Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing ourselves to a sport without doping and without drugs, in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honour of our teams.

Guo Hainan, gymnastics judge:

In the name of all the judges and officials, I promise that we shall officiate in these Asian Games with complete impartiality, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them in the true spirit of sportsmanship.

That is ADORABLE!

Totally what every kid who celebrates Chinese New Year in Asia have experienced!

Precisely man!!! The way the last torch bearer plays along just adds to the humour! :D

Gosh I am feeling so proud to be Chinese again, just like the way I felt in 2008! :D

A diver has just lit the cauldron along with two children from the beginning of this ceremony! They lit a wick (with a Chinese design on its pot) and pyrotechn ics shot up into the cauldron!

Now the finale: Tan Jing singing the song roughly titled "Smile". With fireworks of course, at least later.

Archived