Glasgow 2014

I imagine Piggy Muldoon is more Alex's type.

Haha.

Interesting/Nonimportant trivia about my family: My grandfather went to school with him, although a few years younger, but his older brother (my Great Uncle) was part of his bridal party, although he died young, and my grandfather and Muldoon weren't very close and had lost touch by the time he was PM.

Okay, my dirty secret (though I've mentioned it on GamesBids before) - I used to work with Tony Abbott when he was a journo and just before he got pre-selection for Warringah. As big a goofball in real life as he is on the hustings!

Interesting! You've mentioned to me before (in a PM) where you have/had worked - so I'm guessing it was there. My partners father has had had bits and pieces to do with him (he is a lawyer in a Sydney firm)- and the review isn't exactly glowing there, either.

Who is this mystery Nova Scotian Rols?

Yeah Rols you Gillard butt kisser and closet Tory lover (you deserve that...) , you still have'nt answered yoshi's question yet?

As for Muldoon...That guy beat crap out of four men who set on him in the Mangere Hotel car park in 1974 after a National Party conference there. Muldoon was a NZ armed forces boxing rep in WWII...you just didn't f##k with him! Nearly took a swing at Malcom Frazer as well...

Edited by Alexjc
  • Like 1

As for Muldoon...That guy beat crap out of four men who set on him in the Mangere Hotel car park in 1974 after a National Party conference there. Muldoon was a NZ armed forces boxing rep in WWII...you just didn't f##k with him! Nearly took a swing at Malcom Frazer as well...

Yeah, always thought he was a thug.

Yeah, always thought he was a thug.

Use to think your Bob Hawke was a tough guy until he bawled his eyes out on TV...wimp...but then he was a ALP prime minister...

...and you still have not answered Yoshi's question Rols?

...and you still have not answered Yoshi's question Rols?

F**k you Alex, why are you so desperate and hounding about it? Just so you can see me mention his name? Do you miss him that much? Funny how when the mod starts dedicated threads about him, or other posters like Rob mention him, you never seem to notice, but I make a reference, however oblique or not, you're all over it like a rash. I might PM Yoshi and point him towards some of the offending threads if he's so interested, but I wouldn't give you the satisfaction of doing so in this thread.

Go and look him up yourself if you're longing for him so much (as your sig earlier this year showed) ... though that might be a bit hard since he's been banned by Twitter as well.

Edited by Sir Rols

Oh?...Did you not start this windup with a swipe at a "certain Nova Scotian"?...you could have just mentioned that persons name. Its not like the person can answer back.

Oh and you get very sore on this Rols, taking a few swipes at me a few posts back..

Edited by Alexjc

Oh?...Did you not start this windup with a swipe at a "certain Nova Scotian"?...you could have just mentioned that persons name. Its not like the person can answer back.

Oh and you get very sore on this Rols, taking a few swipes a few posts back...and now we are on fire...and swearing as well.

I'm sore at you Alex with your weird obsession with every reference I might make to a poster who is well known, and loathed, here on GB. I make a light-hearted in-joke responding to a comment by Yoshi's that is funny when put in GamesBids history context, and you spend two pages hounding for me to name names. I'm not the one sporting signatures calling for his return, or trying to claim that a person who has managed to get banned by GamesBids, SSC and Twitter - among those I know of - was "hard done by" (as you've done).

Like I said, why don't you hound the mod when he starts threads like "What JJ is up to now", or Rob when he quotes some of the jerk's posts from other sources on the London games? Or am I the only poster you stalk since whatisface was rightly banned.

And for someone who's quick to take offence and throw tanties at anybody calling you out, you're lucky I've tended to ignore you rather than report you for some of the things you've posted over the years.

Likewise Rols...I've could've reported you as well. Offensive picture posting and all. Yes others have used the JJ argument over the years, but remember you were just as nasty. Interesting that Australians are treated with leaniancy on this site. Yet Canadians are treated harshly, even though the site is Canadian.

What pics? My cartoon of you and JJ? Or the odd Tom of Finland pic? Yeah, I can be a real bitch when it takes my fancy, but still not as offensive as you calling a young African member a "jigaboo", or your WW2-era appraisals of Japanese morals and culture during the 2011 RWC race. Or a lot more that other members have called you out on in more recent times.

Just do us a favour - put me on ignore from now on, and I'll return the favour. It's not like you contribute much here unless it's to do with right-wing politics and dictators, Boeing, disasters, fart and burp jokes and anytime I mention JJ. Oh ... and you're not welcome to comment on Australia - you weren't born here so you have no right to do so (using your criteria for comments on NZ)

Edited by Sir Rols

What pics? My cartoon of you and JJ? Or the odd Tom of Finland pic? Still not as offensive as you calling a young African member a "jigaboo", or your WW2-era appraisals of Japanese morals and culture during the 2011 RWC race. Or a lot more that other members have called you out on in more recent times.

Just do us a favour - put me on ignore from now on, and I'll return the favour. It's not like you contribute much here unless it's to do with right-wing politics and dictators, Boeing, disasters, fart and burp jokes and anytime I mention JJ. Oh ... and you're not welcome to comment on Australia - you weren't born here so you have no right to do so (using your criteria for comments on NZ)

OMG, you're stalking me?...that is worth reporting.

No, I'm not stalking you. I read all new posts every day. I don't limit myself to CWGs and the off-topic forums like you. I tend to groan and steel myself more whenever I notice you've posted something. And remember some of your more utterly offensive posts.

Edited by Sir Rols

You are a completely ridiculous character, do you know that? This is why I find it very difficult to believe you're over 16 - and if you are - take a step back and consider the tenor of most of the content you contribute to this site and consider if it is a respectable way for a grown adult to behave - even if on an online forum. I shudder to think of how you cope with day to day challenges real life throws in your way.

No, that' s stalking. For you to recall stuff like that for nearly a decade? Who else have you got personal files on?

This is an open website, everybody can say what they like...I probibly couldn't recall half the stuff I say on here. And what is so wrong with focussing on topics within the vastness of this site. You, yourself, clearly live here watching everyone?

I'm sore at you Alex with your weird obsession with every reference I might make to a poster who is well known, and loathed, here on GB. I make a light-hearted in-joke responding to a comment by Yoshi's that is funny when put in GamesBids history context, and you spend two pages hounding for me to name names. I'm not the one sporting signatures calling for his return, or trying to claim that a person who has managed to get banned by GamesBids, SSC and Twitter - among those I know of - was "hard done by" (as you've done).

Wait, what - he was banned from Twitter?! Wow! :lol:

So the powers-that-be on Twitter decided all the Justin Beeber dross is fine, so are the millions of teenage insults, Piers Morgan is ok, the leader of the EDL....but nope. we're not having JJ on our network.

Next you'll be telling me he's been banned from YouTube for posting comments too inane for them! :ph34r:

:lol::lol: :lol:

So is JJ his forum name or a code?

Yoshi, his site name was JimJones.

He actually began the Gold Coast 2018 thread here.

Six or so years ago he, Rol, and a few other got tangled up in a nasty vitriolic flame war over Glasgow v Abuja v Halifax bid for the 2014 CWGs. When Halifax pulled out leaving the other two to bid. JJ threw his support behind Abuja. As with all banter, got serious over wealthy Glasgow v up and comming Abuja, giving Africa a chance etc...

Arguments began and soon the 2014 CWGs race on GB turned to custard. JJ could get really caustic when wound up, and could give it back in spade loads...usually when he was backed into a corner with about five GB heavies baring down on him. But he did ask for it.

Ping Rols a PM to get him to send you a link to the, err...conversations.

How on this feeble minded Twitter Earth he managed to get booted off is beyond me.

Edited by Alexjc

Wait, what - he was banned from Twitter?! Wow! :lol:

So the powers-that-be on Twitter decided all the Justin Beeber dross is fine, so are the millions of teenage insults, Piers Morgan is ok, the leader of the EDL....but nope. we're not having JJ on our network.

Next you'll be telling me he's been banned from YouTube for posting comments too inane for them! :ph34r:

:lol::lol: :lol:

He was just his usual loathsome self - and that was without us there to "back him into a corner" :rolleyes:.

Not quite sure what the straw was that broke the camel's back on twitter, but it seemed he declared one of his jihads on the USA after Obama was re-elected and the Newtown kindergarten shootings. Or maybe Donald Trump got sick of being tweeted unsolicited advice from him.