2010 World Rowing Champs

The 2010 world rowing champs are currently underway at Lake Karapiro in New Zealand. So far the heats have been completed and the stand out nations so far have been New Zealand, Great Britain and Germany.

The finals are this weekend. I am heading along for the final weekend and will post some photos etc.

The official website is www.wrch2010.com

Looked to be an awesome finals weekend at the World Champs, apparantly there were over 60,000 people watching at Karapiro today - really does show it to be one of the best natural rowing venues in the world. Let's just hope it isn't another 30 plus years before another major rowing event comes down this end of the world.

Looks great, reminds me a lot of Lake Barrington, Tasmania which hosted the worlds in 1990. You into your rowing then matty?

Please to say that one of my mates got a silver, the other two made their finals but no medal this year.

I spent the weekend at the rowing. There was a fantastic crowd there cheering on all the competitors and the Kiwis won 10 medals (3 gold 3 silver and 4 bronze.)

I took over 400 photos of the event so will up load some photos over the next few days.

Looks great, reminds me a lot of Lake Barrington, Tasmania which hosted the worlds in 1990. You into your rowing then matty?

Please to say that one of my mates got a silver, the other two made their finals but no medal this year.

I am indeed. Actually, one of my flatmates is a NZ rower, she just missed out on being in a doubles after she injured her back a few months ago.

Apparantly the attendance was a record, just pipping the Munich worlds a few years ago.

Archived