• Last Reply

My shortlist now:

1. Salzburg

2. PyeongChang

3. Sochi

4. Jaca

5. Sofia

Out: Almaty and Borjomi

aren't these spaniards so predictable?   Just because there's a new train station doesn't mean it gets you on the short list.  

I remember the new Sevilla Airport in 1992 during the year of the Expo.  Pretty.  So what?  It was empty.  :rolleyes:

My short list: PyongChang, Salzburg, Sochi and Sofia.

aren't these spaniards so predictable?   Just because there's a new train station doesn't mean it gets you on the short list.  

I remember the new Sevilla Airport in 1992 during the year of the Expo.  Pretty.  So what?  It was empty.  :rolleyes:

My short list: PyongChang, Salzburg, Sochi and Sofia.

To begin with, that new train station is not built yet, and what is more, it won't be in Jaca.  :hmm:

I vote for Jaca ( Can you explain me why there is so much fun with "Haca", what does it mean?) because I believe in Jaca and its possibilities are enough to make the shortlist.

San Pablo's Airport empty?  :laughlong: IT'S SO CROWDED EVERY DAY, I HATE IT!

someday in the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar future

Yeah, because I have many years in my life yet, not like you... :laughlong:

someday in the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar future

Yeah, because I have many years in my life yet, not like you... :laughlong:

U could get hit by a truly mature & witty remark tomorrow -- not yours of course -- and u wouldn't know it.  :rolleyes:   Another infantile comment.  

As George Bernard Shaw (u probably don't know him) said: Youth is wasted on the young.  La juventud esta gastado en los jovenes.  Look in the mirror, o shallow one.

I wonder why many in here post insults in messages, or something which is not so good-ironic wether bad-ironic...

Anyway...just to say something "talkable"...I think (and I already said that in other topics) that Jaca bid is a bit weak thinking about its experience in bidding. I want to stress the fact that Zaragoza will host the ceremonies, not Jaca itself. Has it ever happened before? A non-nominal host city hosting the ceremonies? It's only a "formal" fact, but important one. And BTW I read the bidbook and i'm not "fond of it"...it didn't convince me.

Goin' back to the main topic...my shortlist is:

- PeongChang

- Sochi

- Salzburg

- Sofia

- Jaca

The order has meaning: PC has the stronger probability to be the winner, Jaca the weaker.

Anyway...just to say something "talkable"...I think (and I already said that in other topics) that Jaca bid is a bit weak thinking about its experience in bidding. I want to stress the fact that Zaragoza will host the ceremonies, not Jaca itself. Has it ever happened before? A non-nominal host city hosting the ceremonies? It's only a "formal" fact, but important one. And BTW I read the bidbook and i'm not "fond of it"...it didn't convince me.

The fact that Zaragoza would host the ceremonies instead of Jaca is explaiend at Jaca's Discussion. I think that this would be the first time that it would happen.

Why didn't the Jaca's bidbook convice you? What don't you like? What would you change?

• 2 weeks later...
1 month to go.  :oh:

I was thinking of the Evaluation report and I've come to the conclusion that it just has to be ready now. It's 1 month until the shortlist decision and all the Exec Comm members have to have enough time to read it - something like the Evaluation report in the second phase that is released one month before the host city vote. Moreover, theye were rumors from Lausanne that the evaluation commission has met in June in Lausanne do prepare the report. So, it has to be ready, but unfortunately it will be kept confidential until after the announcement of the shortlist

And I also thought how important thi report really is - well, the ranking that it provides is not bindnig for the IOC, but if they decide to shortlist a lower ranked city, then they have to shortlist all cities that rank higher thatn it as well. And what's more, many of the Exec Comm members do not have closer observations of the cities in question, so they will stick to the opinion of the evaluation commission. Others will vote for geopolitical reasons. Anyway, the conclusions of this report seem to be very important for the shortlist

My spy within the IOC just told me which 4 cities that would be shortlisted for 2014: Salz, Soch, Sof and Pyong.  Sorry, no Jac.

We will see in just one month time how credible he is - I hope 100% :)

My spy within the IOC just told me which 4 cities that would be shortlisted for 2014: Salz, Soch, Sof and Pyong.  Sorry, no Jac.

Another spy in the IOC has told me the USA won't be elected in 2016 because they're so silly to not choose NYC  :rolleyes:

<font color='#810541'>"Mikel" Dumb Reply #32, Volume 26.

Another spy in the IOC has told me the USA won't be elected in 2016 because they're so silly to not choose NYC  :rolleyes:</font>

Duh! They don't even know who the really serious candidates are, and your 'spy' makes prognostications about a race 3 years away? :rolleyes:

And it's because NYC chose not to bid. That's like u can't tell the diff. between a nation and a country. You can't force a city to bid if they don't care to. :rolleyes:

Interesting day:

Today we have

20 days till the shortlist

and

400 days till the host-city-vote

i told u the IOC was run by the illuminati

pyeong chang or salzburg will actually win the vote...thats the important thing...

Archived