Aomori Logo Round 2 Vote

OK - we have our first two finalists -

round1results.jpg

Now it is time for round 2 - definitely the group of death!

aomorilogo2.jpg

The 2 logos with the highest initial round votes will make it through to the final.

What I need you to do is post your preference between these logos. Your first choice will get 5 points, the second 4, the third 3, the fourth 2 and your least favourite will get 1 point.

The format I want to see is like this -

Option 5 - 5 points

Option 4 - 4 points

Option 3 - 3 points

Option 1 - 2 points

Option 2 - 1 points

Please do NOT change this method. Add any comments under your votes.

Please do NOT post running updates of scores.

The winners of this round will go head to head - one vote per member - to decide the winner in the final battle royale!

Let's go!

i just feel bad that the quality i put into my design is not being showed to u guys, at the report and now here at the voting shows very bad quality and blurr. im sorry for posting this, im not trying to change ur mind and get votes, i just want my art to be displayed as it was created. thank u

5063539558_cfd4efc708_z.jpg

i just feel bad that the quality i put into my design is not being showed to u guys, at the report and now here at the voting shows very bad quality and blurr. im sorry for posting this, im not trying to change ur mind and get votes, i just want my art to be displayed as it was created. thank u

I know what you are saying but it is impossible to really have the full size images - it takes up way to much space. The logos you emailed me are huge in size - larger than A4 for sure - and no matter how I shrunk it there was some shape warping.

I guess in the future when we do thiese kinds of comps I will ask that you submit a thumbnail size version as well so you have 100% creative control.

Option 5 - 5 points

Option 4 - 4 points

Option 3 - 3 points

Option 2 - 2 points

Option 1 - 1 point

Some reasoning:

Option 5 - Easily the most striking of the designs, the one which says the most about the city and the country and perhaps the tone of the Games. Also the most interesting colour palette of the five. It's almost luminous at the same time as being translucent, which is cool. The only downside for me is that not enough thought has gone into the font.

Option 4 - Easily the most refined design of the logos on this side of the draw, but it could be a logo for any Japanese winter Games and actually, the Japaneseyness of it isn't particularly strong. Beautifully balanced, and very easy on the eye.

Option 3 - A strikingly simple design. I think this logo, of the five, has shown what you can do when you really trim down your design process to choosing a good font, a good colour, and good form. In fact, this is the designer which seems to have thought the most about typography. Again, not sure what it's saying about the region or the Games though.

Option 2 - A nice enough concept but the colour contrasts are not large enough (even at the original size). I've got good enough eyesight but I struggle to see the purple blossoms in the dark blue circle when it's anything other than full size. Perhaps, apart from my favourite of the five, it says the most about the place its meant to be representing, so kudos for that. It's gem-like quality is also very nice.

Option 1 - Best slogan, and decent enough concept, but I don't think, had I not known this was an Aomori logo contest, I'd have noticed the name of the city hidden in amongst the design.

Option 1 - 54 points

Option 4 - 4 points

Option 5 - 2 points

Option 2 - 1 point

Option 3 - minus 2 pts

Please note: this was the original concept in its rough state -- RAW, DARING and ORIGINAL in concept!! Notice the original Ninja Snowflake!! The "2-22" hiding behind...to reflect the endearing, timid, shy quality of the Japanese!! AND the Italian-inspired slogan--HOW CLEVER can one get?!?!

aomori2022_logo.jpg

VOTE FOR THIS...otherwise you are doomed to boring, traditional drek like sochi.com. You ONLY have yourselves to blame for getting all the ridiculously BORING logos today!!

Of course, you'll get the famous "Irish Coffee" drink AND a cablecar ride when you come to San Francisco when you VOTE for this entry!!

Expand your imagination! OPTION 1! OPTION 1!

Option 4 = 5 points

Option 3 = 4 points

Option 5 = 3 points

Option 1 = 2 points

Option 2 = 1 point

Archived