Next comp?

After this Logo comp - BTW, it has been a great one - could we have some other "unappropriate host" comp???

Like, for example, for the Commonwealth Games?

I always wanted to be part of one of those. What you guys think about? smile.gif

How about design a mascot - say, for Rio? It's been great seeing the graphics talent so many people here have.

And, as we've seen time and again here, when it comes to the full fantasy bid comps, while there's usually lots of enthusiasm, so many intended entrants fall be the wayside when people realise how much work they take.

After this Logo comp - BTW, it has been a great one - could we have some other "unappropriate host" comp???

Like, for example, for the Commonwealth Games?

I always wanted to be part of one of those. What you guys think about? smile.gif

How about a new LONDON2012 LOGO!!!! or maybe SOCHI2014!? we can definately humiliate those ugly ones! =]

I really enjoyed the innapropriate host competition - here again is the much loved final report -

Innapropriate Host City Report

The whole premise was to deliver the most outrageous and awful Games. The 'what got me hard-meter' was a sure winner!

However we may do the mascots next and then a fun stupid one before a full Winter Games - keep us busy through to the new year??

1. Tehran 2019 - the First Youth Faux Winter Para-military* World GayMes

*(i.e., for handicapped soldiers/cadettes)

2. cauldron contest (main criterion: appropriate (or in-, as the case maybe ) for a particular Games you select, i.e., Tulsa 2024!! :lol:

3. I like Rols' idea of a Rio mascot...but 2: 1 regular and a matching Paralympic one

4. a new IOC logo

5. a new GB logo

how about design a "look of the games" being given just a logo to work with. i was really impressed with the gamestime uses submitted with some of the logos, i say give us a logo (real or fictional) and challenge us to develop a look.

how about design a "look of the games" being given just a logo to work with. i was really impressed with the gamestime uses submitted with some of the logos, i say give us a logo (real or fictional) and challenge us to develop a look.

A "Look" thing would limit entries to only the professional artists here...because it's something requiring VERY FINISHED or POLISHED artwork. So this would be confining and intimidating to those who aren't "pro's" whereas logo, cauldron, mascot thingies can be rendered in a very rough way by any GB member/poster with the germ of an idea.

perhaps there should be a team competition!

Say 2 members colaborate to produce a final design, and work together to devise the most effective lobbying campaign. I'm sure we could explore and achieve the creativity and ethics of any NOC, IOC, or FIFA governing body.

I think we could wait a little 'til the mascot comp. Rio will unveil its logo in December.

The mascot comp would be a great idea for January. What you guys think???

I love the idea of having an innapropriate "host bid". It was very funny that time.

And Paul's idea is lovely. At least two people should be part of the "bid team". Working together seems to be really fun.

What about Spring Commonwealth Military Gay Games? LOL More innappropiate impossible!!!laugh.giflaugh.gif

Just kidding, I like the idea of Commonwealth only, and people, Delhi already hosted, so, can't join the comp anymore. tongue.gif

I like the cauldron idea. It could be a two cauldron idea, one of Havelanga and one for Maracana.

It seems you don't want Jim and OTO to be part of the comp! rolleyes.gif

Archived