Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citius Altius Fortius

Show your support for München 2018

The approach to the games depends on, where your priorities are. In my case, I'm afraid of loosing the green areas in Munich in the next future. I like wintersport but it's not worth to spoil green area of 50 soccerfields in the center of Munich for Olympia 2018. The next sportevent will spoil green area too, and the next sportevent will spoil again. We have a lot sport- and other events here. What remains is grey desert of asphalt.

Well, We need concrete facts. I think Garmisch had a very good eco-friendly event in 2011 Apine WC. Moreover, Munich and Garmisch suggested the most sustainable model in the Olympic history. Does not require large scale investment and development.

Some environmental damage is inevitable in human life. Therefore, We must try to minimize it. But, Pyeongchang try to turn off the forest reserve designated by National Government in 3 years. If you think about the environment, You should support Munich than Pyeongchang.

f01.jpg

Some environmental damage is inevitable in human life. Therefore, We must try to minimize it. But, Pyeongchang try to turn off the forest reserve designated by National Government in 3 years. If you think about the environment, You should support Munich than Pyeongchang.

EXACTLY! And this is exactly what the Korean government is doing. Minimizing the effect. And this is what we've been trying to tell you, but you only finally understand when this is applied to Munich's case. Thank you!

EXACTLY! And this is exactly what the Korean government is doing. Minimizing the effect. And this is what we've been trying to tell you, but you only finally understand when this is applied to Munich's case. Thank you!

In Annecy there aren't environment damage! Annecy respect Environment, not like PC

We must keep the Gariwang primeval forest, it is a way to minimize. :)

Showing my support and pressing my thumbs for Munich with the countdown clock.

germany318.jpg

germany317.jpg

I'm happy for Munich to take 2nd place. There's always tomorrow...after all, it'll only be their FIRST try. ;)

It was also London's first try in 2005 (not counting the pre-1948 bids, of course), Torino's in 1999, Sydney's in 1993, Nagano's in 1991 and Atlanta's in 1990. Just to count the last two decades.

I'm increasingly convinced that the IOC's decision will go down to the wire, and probably the final presentations will decide. So Munich has a realistic chance to win.

^^ you and your awesome signatures, davey... o.o

I agree with Olympian. Just because this is the first try doesn't means they'll lose. Look at Rio, Sochi, Torino...

And Ostersund, for making an example, tried more than three times in a row to get the games. You know how that ended.

I just arrived at Munich airport - of course I wear my pin badge already today

What... you did not wear your pin the oder days.... Are you a real supporter ??? :P

Please, share with us pictures from Munich... as we are still waiting for some Munich 2018's photo from durban....

Thanks Rols - I thought I will arrive on time on the Marienplatz for munich's presentation, but I talked to long with my cousin at breakfast - and the live stream doesn't work well on my iPhone

Well Guys, you know where my heart was! Commiserations, but I'll be the first to support another bid in 2022!

Commiserations to Munich supporters. I'm a huge fan of Germany, and I would love to see the Winter Games in your beautiful country one day. You don't have to prove yourself to anyone. Just continue doing what you do and we'll celebrate in Germany soon.

Just continue doing what you do and we'll celebrate in Germany soon.

Yeah, Go Berlin 2028!!

Munich is really a SUMMER CITY. They should accept that and NOT try to pretend they can ALSO be a Winter One.

Yeah, Go Berlin 2028!!

Munich is really a SUMMER CITY. They should accept that and NOT try to pretend they can ALSO be a Winter One.

Baron I disagree Munich can host a fine winter olympics.

Baron I disagree Munich can host a fine winter olympics.

Munich has the curse of 1972. I have to pay some curandera to lay one if they run for 2022!

Haven;t heard from Martin. I hope he's not too gutted!

Ah, Baron - the 2022 campaign starts already! Oh well, until Sweden throws its hat in, I'm already in the Munich camp.

Shouldn't we wait 'til we see who actually bids for 2022? Munich or the USOC or France may decide, thanks, but no thanks.

I thought on of Munich's tactical mistakes was that they'd said they were intending to try again at 2022 if they missed out this time. And I think that's more likely still than a Berlin 2020 bid. And also more likely than Ostersund (or somewhere else in Sweden) bidding for 2022.

Anyway, as legitimate as Baron firing the first campaign shots for Reno.

I for one am content to be second, especially with 25 votes. Gives Munich a base to build on for 2022. The Games have to be coming back to Germany at some point, so let's learn the lessons and roll up our sleeves. Only got four years to see what changes should be made to the plan and shore up support, but I believed in Munich for 2018 and I still believe in Munich for 2022.

Forward!