Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citius Altius Fortius

Show your support for München 2018

Die freundlichen Spiele

You can show your support for Munich's bid for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games 2018.

On the right side you find a light blue square with "Bewerbung unterstützen" (Support Bid) - just click on it - you have to fill out:

Vorname (first name / given name / christian name)

PLZ (postcode)

Stadt (city)

then you can write something

I have already showed my support

Its really interesting that somebody of the premium members gave the post "above" a negative point...

Everybody can decide him/herself to join this initiative - I am surprised that a post, which just give a link and an explanation of the link, gets a negative point!

I hope the functionality will be extended for "non-german-postcodes" soon...

I managed it finally ... just used the postcode from my Aunt in Kehlheim

Its really interesting that somebody of the premium members gave the post "above" a negative point...

Everybody can decide him/herself to join this initiative - I am surprised that a post, which just give a link and an explanation of the link, gets a negative point!

Probably some disgruntled and eier-less PC or Annency supporter who has nothing similar to post for their bids CAF. Don't worry, you is back in positive territory now alte kamerad ;)

i already got a munich pin. its in a shape of a hot air balloon. really nice.

I just recognised that international entries are now possible, too

Roltel is the first Aussie on the map

About time! I was about to ask Samsung if they'd pay me to switch my support to PyeongChang.

;)

I've shown my support now, too. Great idea! Especially the quite many supporters the bid has also in the northern part of Germany already. That shows that this is really a national bid for which the traditional animosities between Bavaria and the rest of Germany have to stand back. ;)

Lindsey Vonn, U.S.A - 2010 Olympic Champion in Downhill.

Erik Guay, Canada - 2011 World Champion in Downhill.

Julia Mancuso, U.S.A - 2006 Olympic Champion in Giant Slalom.

Lindsey Vonn, Erik Guay and Julia Mancuso expressing their love of competing in Bavaria.

Vonn spoke for many of the athletes who competed at the World Championships when she said,

"I really hope Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen get the 2018 Olympics."

I love her. :lol:

lindsey-vonn-gold-medal-220jpg-061ab14f5566ace3_large.jpg

There is no reason to support Olympic games in Munich. Quite the contrary, nearly half of the german population refuse Olympic games! When the Wintergames will come to Munich, there will be huge mass-demonstation, typical for germany. The opposition is increasing day by day...

you are still trying to create the feeling of uncertaintity after the defeat in the Nolmypia referundum in Garmisch-Partenkirchen

:rolleyes:

You haven't recognised yet, that this is a forum from people who support Olympic Games in general

1. I want to prevent the IOC, not to make a big error! The surface of the Olympic Bid of Munich is very well looking, but behind it, there are a lot of huge problems.

The biggest problem in my opinion is the actual change of the public meaning against Olympic games combined with the possibility of mass-demonstrations like in Stuttgart.

Here f.e. an anti-games article in the former games-friendly newspaper muenchner -merkur. The number of that anti-Olympic games articles increase.

2. This "Underforum" is for olympic supporters, that's right, but the title of the forum above is: "Discuss the 2018 Winter Olympic Games bid of Munich, Germany"

I am not a Munich supporter, but I think you should just enjoy the Games if Munich gets it.

For me, it'not possible to enjoy the games, because they want to build for the games right in a green park of Munich 17 huge Skyscrapers, chop 2000 trees, destroy green areas of the size of 50 soccer-fields and burn Billions of Euros (=taxes). That's too much for only 18 days sportsparty! Beside that: We just had the soccer World Cup a few years ago in Munich!

..., that is exactly our different approaches - I think hosting Olympic and Paralympic Games is a lot worth - and I think the Munich bid bears a lot of enviromental issues in its mind as good as it possible!

I have the impression that you are not very into Olympic or Paralympic Games in general and you don't see their positive effects on a hosting city, country and its people

Furthermore the article in the Münchner Merkur isn't as negative as you trying to pretend - yes, there will be trees chopped, but it emphasises, too that many very converstation worthy saved through the plans for the Olympic Village - after all the Olympic Village will become flats for Munich after the Olympics and Paralympics...

Thank you CAF for your statement. I would have written the same, but your English skills are better.

The approach to the games depends on, where your priorities are. In my case, I'm afraid of loosing the green areas in Munich in the next future. I like wintersport but it's not worth to spoil green area of 50 soccerfields in the center of Munich for Olympia 2018. The next sportevent will spoil green area too, and the next sportevent will spoil again. We have a lot sport- and other events here. What remains is grey desert of asphalt.