Sign in to follow this  
Faster

Wrestlers Behaving Badly

Yes well not exactly the most distinguished behaviour. The punishment fits the misdemeanour and I would hesitate to expect Fkiri to be on the next Australian wrestling team.

Its just funny cause the wrestler that had a sh!t-fit at the Olympics was also Greco-Roman.

Come on, you should remember the Ben Johnson incident. Before he was Canadian, after he was Jamaican. We tend to through immigrants under the bus.

^

No, I shouldn't. I was 4 at the time.

I remember it, and I was -3 :P

(I saw a documentary on him, so I guess its not entirely fair)

He was Canadian, then he was a Jamaican-born. It just happens.

Its a bit like Faisal Shahzad (Time Square would-be bomber). He's an American, but he's usually described as a Pakistani immigrant.

Edited by fox334

Its a bit like Faisal Shahzad (Time Square would-be bomber). He's an American, but he's usually described as a Pakistani immigrant.

You can slap a new "brand" on a person but you can't change their fundamental internal wiring.

Also, it's not fair to only call out the North American or even the general western press on this tendency to focus on their immigrant-hood, or origin; it also happens in Asian media. It's not as common because there are fewer immigrants into mostly homogenous societies, but it will be the first thing called to attention when a foreign immigrant becomes (in)famous.

Sign in to follow this