@ memorabilia - do you think...

... that France and Germany should join the commonwealth?

I think it is frustrating that we in France and Germany are not able to watch anything of the OC in Delhi right now...

I think that would be a fascinating idea. I guess the problem might be that if every country wanted to join,the CWGs would become a rival to the Olympics! Could we really expect to have two world-wide multi-national sporting contests following on from each other every 2 years?

Besides France has its own Francophonie.I doubt it would want to join in an organisation dominated by 'Les Anglo-Saxons'! ;)

Edited by Mainad

... that France and Germany should join the commonwealth?

I think it is frustrating that we in France and Germany are not able to watch anything of the OC in Delhi right now...

Yes frustrating.... BUT NO WAY !!!!!

Are you ready to pledge allegiance to the Queen ??? To say god save the Queens ? And to see the head of the Queens on my coins ????

I'M NOT... Royalties are history for me... You know, i am French.... and we were used to cut the heads of our King and Queens.... :)

So frustrating, but used to it.... as with our "French Speaking Games" (Jeux de la Francophonie) or even the Mediterranean Games, it is very difficult to follow them on TV... (By the way, compared to the 'french speaking games', the "Queen thing" is like if we were asking all our former french colony to have a french flag on their coins & bank notes !!!!)

Edited by memorabilia

I would love such European Games, but I think the traditional European Championships in the different sports are the problem...

I agree, the European Federation would never allow a such event... it will jeopardize their own championships !

And by the way, if it is only the EU Games, it will not be very universal as we will let on the side some European countries....

Or, let's joke a little bit, may be we could the "Schengen Games" or the "Euro Zone Games"... so we could do those Games without the Brits :D