One year later ... Chicago 2016 TV documentary

• 2 weeks later...

I had heard the Spanish Television correspondent in Washington (who had moved to Chicago during those days) say that when Rogge announced Chicago had been eliminated, there had been a great "Woooooaah!" and then silence, but I had never seen the moment, thank you for posting ;)

Idk, I just don't think the IOC is too interested in the United States at least for the next few cycles.

Just let Los Angeles have the domestic nod. Let them be put through the ringer time N again until maybe, just maybe they might get it. They have the bid committee already on stand-by N seem to have they persistence no matter what N the seemingly partiality of the USOC, so just let them deal with all the IOC b.s.

I had heard the Spanish Television correspondent in Washington (who had moved to Chicago during those days) say that when Rogge announced Chicago had been eliminated, there had been a great "Woooooaah!" and then silence, but I had never seen the moment, thank you for posting ;)

Being one of our lucky few GB members that attend the IOC session in Copenhagen, I could confirm that this was the case in the press center and all congress center, at Bella Center, where the IOC session was held !

Not sure, as it was the same in the session room, as I was not inside it and was so chock of this announcement ....

In fact, it was more a "Wooooah!" the silence and then "did he say Chicago ?????"

Archived