Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

costa79

New Toronto 2015 Logo

I;'s starting to say a lot when one begins looking back fondly to Vancouver's as one of the last of the pleasant "classic" logos.

I;'s starting to say a lot when one begins looking back fondly to Vancouver's as one of the last of the pleasant "classic" logos.

Ugh! I'm very disappointed with the logo. I don't like it at all. Ever since London 2012 I've hated all the logos. Hopefully Rio 2016 can turn things around.

I suppose that this is made in a kindergarden .. what is this .. please canada .. please !! :(

Here's a quickie I did. Feel free to add more colour and such, but you get the general idea.

Toronto2015.jpg

The motto would be something like "Feel the beat" "Sentez le rythme" "Siente el ritmo".

Okay so that is it? I mean, it this how you want the legacy of Toronto to start and to be remembered - as starving outline of the skyline? This is the first major disappointment from Toronto, equivalent to being so far ahead in a race and then pulling your hamstring! I am like, blahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

OMG! Just saw the 2015 logos now! It's like the Olympic-graphic community's mind and creative abiltiies have turned to mush! Yikes! At least the logo for the 2014 Asians in Incheon gives one a glimmer of hope.

OMG! Just saw the 2015 logos now! It's like the Olympic-graphic community's mind and creative abiltiies have turned to mush! Yikes! At least the logo for the 2014 Asians in Incheon gives one a glimmer of hope.

I know how you feel, buddy. And to be honest i'm really scared about 31 December (Rio 2016 logo unveiling). Please, Brazil, make it good... :(

I don't know what to think of this. It looks very lumpy to me.

^^

The obvious parts? TO? Do we really need such a needless abbreviation when we got the full name written?

A poor attempt to pass off "blobs" as the letters TO and more importantly a reference to pre-Colombian art?

The 2015 in the blobs when you also got it fully written?

The abbreviation PanAm and ParaPanAm for the sake of not having to fully write the English, French or Spanish of the two terms?

Poor choice of colours?

A poor attempt of adding a human figure in the logos?

Do you seriously love it? I mean, for a major event they could have come up with a far better logo.

I like Vancouvers logo because it reminded me of Barcelona and Sydney, two logos which i love. If the bid logo is really good then they should keep it for example, London 2012, Beijing 2008 and Glasgow 2014 are some examples where the bid logo is better then the games logo.

Whatever your views on the official logo, London's bid logo was awfully lazy - text with a motif on the thames nicked from EastEnders. London 2012 and Sochi 2014 may split opinion, but ultimately they're well designed. This one is bloody awful.