New Toronto 2015 Logo

costa79

Indeed, it makes Vancouver's logo (which I never really warmed to) look positively inspired.

It looks so ametuer in its execution; slack, loose, blobby and, well, meh. At least London and Sochi's logos are tight and slick, whatever you may think of the aesthetic choices behind them.

It's still not as bad as Innsbruck's WYOG logo though; I doubt we'll ever see worse than that.

I like Vancouvers logo because it reminded me of Barcelona and Sydney, two logos which i love. If the bid logo is really good then they should keep it for example, London 2012, Beijing 2008 and Glasgow 2014 are some examples where the bid logo is better then the games logo.

WTF is happenning to games logo designers in these days? :wacko:

They're all on the neo-dadaist-post-modernist-experimental-industrial-masochist vibe of art of these days. It's all the rage! ;)

I said already on another thread: Rio will have a dot for the logo. It means 'singularity creating the universe' and it appears everywhere. Oh! There it is!!

They're all on the neo-dadaist-post-modernist-experimental-industrial-masochist vibe of art of these days. It's all the rage! ;)

I said already on another thread: Rio will have a dot for the logo. It means 'singularity creating the universe' and it appears everywhere. Oh! There it is!!

Christ the Redeemer?

So I guess for Rio we should spect soething like this.

olimpiadi_tokyo64-thumb.jpg

Someone needs to remind olympic designers that the games logos are not a corporate one, and they should focus more on the image and less on the text.

Please bring me back my 90's - 00's logos...these experiments just doesnt work. I swear if the Rio 2016 logo ends up being as crappy as the recent ones (the only one i liked was the Euro 2012 logo) i'll lose all my faith on this world.

Archived