What is the most popular sport during the 2010 Commonweath games

Bas

I'm not very sure, although i kinda know that field Hockey is very popular in India, so probably it will have good attendance. I'm looking forward for the natation and athletics events (although i dont think the last one will have much attendance if you ask me).

The Commonwealth Games are generally more of a B-level event. They sometimes pave the way for a future A-level athlete to emerge (Alexandre Despatie at KL 1998 comes to mind), but most of the A-listers save their training and energy for Olympic and international events, as opposed to competing against some Aussies, Kiwis, Canucks, Poms, whatever.

If the Games do go on, athletics is no doubt going to attract some of the largest crowds - or it should! The stadium seats 60,000. The locals in India will no doubt go crazy for field hockey. Aussies will follow the swimming. Kiwis will follow rugby. I don't think Canada cares that much anymore.

Edited by Kendegra

From an Australian perspective it's usually swimming first followed by athletics. The swimming this year should be of interest in that Aussie swimming is in a transition phase with most of of our greats from the last 2 or 3 games no longer around whilst English swimming (with perhaps some help from the Scots and Welsh) looking to improve upon the strong performance in Melbourne and lead in to London. As for athletics well even without so many of the world class competitors from Australia, England, Jamaica etc not attending it should still throw up some intriguing events. Steve Hooker in pole vault could be a big moment (assuming he still turns up and the games get the green light).

Weightlifting could have been very interesting thanks to the emergence of India as a power in the sport in the Commonwealth but forget it now...doping cheats from the subcontinent has killed that. And if you want elite level sport where the competitors truly will be up at the very peak of the world's best, netball and lawn bowls are the choice.

I'd have to nominate Rugby 7s as a bit of a personal Commies fave. Until it makes it's debut in Rio, this is still really the pinnacle for the 7s game and always quite competitive.

It's gonna be interesting to see which events the Indians pack out. Without cricket, it's hard to guess.