The 2nd Annual GB Logo Competition!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aomori2018.png

The concept of this logo is to reflect the culture and natural landscape of Aomori and its link with the mountains.

The apple, derived from the orchards of the region is refected in the shape of the logo. The stalk of the apple (which can also be seen to represent a sliding track) winds round and becomes a branch of a cherry blossom overhanging a mountain in the background of the scene. As the blossom falls it transforms into the snow capping the mountains, reflecting the change of seasons; the coming of Winter.

CIRCLE ON WHITE BACKGROUND: Indicative of Japanese flag. The logo can also work as red and white monochrome to look even more like the country's flag.

MOUNTAINS: Link to Winter Games, the outline has been traced from the relevent range.

CHERRY BLOSSOM: The snow and the sky seperated by orchards of cherry blossoms is a hallmark of this region of Japan. The cherry blossoms fall and transform into the snow falling on the mountains.

APPLE: Depicting the famous orchards of Aomori.

COLOURS: Taken straight from photographs of the region and very different from the majority of Olympic logos in taking on a more feminine, muted palette. The pinks of the cherry blossom trees, the green of the leaves, the chilly blue of the very clear sky, the purple adds some definition, the white clearly shows the snow capped mountains.

FONT: Fairly plain font, but with a slight oriental styling applied.

Here's my submission for Dubai 2020. As mentioned before, I could use some help in coming up with a gamestime use.

dubai2020.png

It's not all that original, but I really wanted to take part in a logo comp!

This logo makes use of Islamic geometric design which is seen throughout Dubai. Displaying it on the curve of a sphere is a nod to the modernity of the city and gives the notion of a new horizon. The colors represent both the desert sand and the sun, both of which dominate Dubai's natural landscape.

The font, however plain, is clean, much like the city itself.

Very nice, a touch of judaism, and quite Chicago 2016 also!!

The official shortlist and report will be released October 23rd. You have up until then to submit your bid. Try to have them in by October 21 so I have a bit of time to sort through them.

I am utterly blown away by so many of the designs - but also surprised Dubai hasn't had as many takers as Aomori. Where is the Burj Al Arab, camels and oil wells?? :) Baron - I am expecting another last minute gem from you - like the Carmen Miranda one from last years comp!

aomori2022logocolour.png

- japanese origami culture mixed with lightcoloured eastern flower

- symbolises at the same time the regional apple orchards

- focused as the 'Origami flower apple'

- blended with pureness

- from youngness (blossom) to a real olimpian (flower)

- refreshing touch of snowflakes and mountain silouette

- reflecting of the city's name reflects rivalry and cometingness

aomoribay2022logo.png

- focusing on the piramid building at AOMORI BAY

- the ultimate epicentre for wide promotional eye reception

- lighted as a spectrum of colours by night

Sincerly

fatixxx

dubai2020.png

dubai2020bw.png

dubai2020grey.png

look.png

Here is my new submission for Dubai 2020. The imagery is the same. The emblem represents the sun, a gold medal and the desert sand. The star is formed from Islamic geometry, often seen in Dubai tile and architecture.

The "gamestime" use is a proposed Look of the Games. The tile background is a continuation of the tiling used to create the logo. The choice of blue tones is to represent the blue waters of the Persian Gulf.

dubaiolympiclogo2020.png

DUBAI 2020 - REACHING HIGH

The one and only icon of the emirates that can stand and hold the olympic perception.

This icon can be translated as 'reaching high' as olympians want to reach to their best performances.

The helicopter platform is the ideal place for the lighting of the olympic flame. (as equal idea for the oc)

The golden ray of sand symbolises the sandy and sun-overwhelmed nature of the country.

And last but not least white horizon line creates the feeling to reach as far as possible in results.

Blue is the main concept of universalism of the games, the sky and the see, whereby those two elements are the same on the globe.

A logo whith clean lines and clean urban developement.

Focusing on results and achievment on the sandy banks of the emirates where the Olympics will reach the hights as the Burj itself ..

best regards

fatixxxx

Glad to see that Fatixxx has joined the comp! It's getting real high-level and this election will be great.

I only hope that we don't have secret ballots.

look.png

Amazed with new Barrack's proposal!!! Great great one!!! Loved this banner!!!

Google 'Philippine Christmas Lanterns images'...

So I did take a look through and it's funny because I saw a lot of these laterns at church as a child. I'm not Filipino, but a lot of my church is. I never made the connection that this was a Filipino tradition. Instead, I just thought it was something that our church did for Christmas. Thanks for the link, I learned something :).

Due the last events here in GB Forums (attacks of fake users -it's getting really annoying - on my rep pts and things like this), I would like to know how the voting will be perfomed.

If secret voting will be held, I will withdraw my proposals since I have no chance of winning and it'll be a loss of time for me. Sorry guys.

Due the last events here in GB Forums (attacks of fake users -it's getting really annoying - on my rep pts and things like this), I would like to know how the voting will be perfomed.

If secret voting will be held, I will withdraw my proposals since I have no chance of winning and it'll be a loss of time for me. Sorry guys.

Hey now, don't withdraw your entries. They're fantastic! (You'll have to give me some pointers on creating those gamestime images!

Anyway, you've already done all the work by now. There's no time to lose anymore.

Hey now, don't withdraw your entries. They're fantastic! (You'll have to give me some pointers on creating those gamestime images!

Anyway, you've already done all the work by now. There's no time to lose anymore.

Let's see how the new rule for fake users will work. I have a hidden enemy here, marking my posts down and trolling a lot.

So, it would be fair and better to not have secret ballots on the comp.

Thanks for the coments about my proposals! But I don't think I need to give you some pointers, your logos are great too! smile.gif

Here is my contribution to the Aomori 2022 competition: The Pearl of Aomori

aomori2022.png

pool.jpg

This emblem can represent many things, but first and foremost, it is a black pearl. When used in the different Olympic colors, the emblem takes on different meanings.

Red: This is an obvious reference to the hinomaru of the Japanese flag.

Blue: A simple bubble in Aomori Bay.

Green: An antique glass fishing net float, a reference to the City's origins as a fishing town.

Yellow: A gold medal.

Black: A black pearl. The pearl is used by the City on its Medal of Honor (http://www.city.aomori.aomori.jp/contents/english/01-4honorary.html) and reminds us of the City's connection with the sea. The choice of a black pearl is to imply rarity and beauty.

The design is minimalistic and subtle, in line with much of Japanese design. It is also a very stylized representation of the shape of Aomori Bay.

The gamestime use submitted is a tiled representation of the emblem as the bottom of a shallow reflecting pool in the Olympic Park.

[This emblem can represent many things, but first and foremost, it is a black pearl. When used in the different Olympic colors, the emblem takes on different meanings.

Black: A black pearl. The pearl is used by the City on its Medal of Honor

1. Well, it's a WINTER Games...

2. Japan is better known for its white/off-white/ivory cultured pearls whereas the black pearls are more associated with Tahiti, the south seas, the warmer seas...

People associate winter more with snow...white. "Black" ice has a connotation of dirty, like ice mixed with oil, dirt, etc...

Archived