Delhi 2010 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

THE BATON!

Oh great..and just when the baton arrives, now it shuts down for 2 minutes.

And the entrance of the baton was too simple, quite a bad thing considering the last baton entrances. I was hoping for something better

Dang! The veetle thing went offline right in the beginning of the baton relay! Not fair!

You would have thought they'd have put some captions up who the runners are...

Try refreshing, its working on me again

Yeah! I've done the same...

And should the guy be surrounded by people like that? o.o

Como to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard Charles speaking before! :P

Nah don't think so. The military band performance (and the only performance I could remember)cannot even beat the standard in our NDP even back in 1998! :D

The military band was in the closing ceremony. Opening was great. The Games had brought Malaysia into a era that so peace and harmony that ever had. I still remember that. :)

The military band was in the closing ceremony. Opening was great. The Games had brought Malaysia into a era that so peace and harmony that ever had. I still remember that. :)

No lah I distinctively remember the band was in the OC. And I pay particular close attention to it cause I always loved band performances.

Back in 1998, I felt Singapore could do a better job, and the same sentiment was shared by my family members watching the ceremony. Patriotic, probably, but we have been spoilt by NDPs which were even grander then (my foreign friends who saw snippets of our NDPs actually commented it looked like the Olympics OCs!). And that was probably partly why quite a number of us felt the YOG OC was kinda disappointing in terms of grandiosity and scale, although I felt it worked find for its more modest purposes.