Harry Potter World

I went to Florida with my friends and godsons this May. When we booked we were under the assumption that Harry Potter World would be open; however, it was another few weeks before it opened so all we could do (apart from me complaining) was walk past it. It seemed bigger than some of the other areas, so I don't know about it being small. These parks cram a lot into a small space.

I would love to visit it, but it looks like it will take me a few years to save up to go again... :(

I love everything Harry Potter. I have a friend who worked on the special effects on at least 2 of the films so I have a vested interest!

I was there with my family this summer :rolleyes:

Sadly I couldnt ride all attractions, through I loved Dragon Challenge since it was Dueliung Dragons, I couldn't ride both coasters, but the blue one is my favorite and I rode it ;) I don't remind the name of the new dark ride, it looks intense, sadly I couldn't ride it, in general it's a great zone of the park, I loved how the theming, it really looks like the movies (even when i'm not a really huge fan of Harry Potter :P )

Oh, and by the way, I loved the butterbeer :lol:

Would you visit the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter?

In my point of view it looks a little bit too small (I mean I think they will expand it)

Too small? It's not an entire Theme Park, it's a section of the amazing Island's of Adventure Theme Park, which is one park at Universal Orlando. Of course they'll probably expand, but I just don't get the too small complaint?

Too small? It's not an entire Theme Park, it's a section of the amazing Island's of Adventure Theme Park, which is one park at Universal Orlando. Of course they'll probably expand, but I just don't get the too small complaint?

When I wrote the first post I wasn't aware that it is just a section of a larger Theme Park

• 2 years later...
Warner-J.K. Rowling Partnership Will Include New Wizardry Film

LOS ANGELES — Warner Brothers is doubling down on the J. K. Rowling business. The studio, whose blockbuster “Harry Potter'’ films have generated billions of dollars for the company, announced Thursday that it had concluded a deal with Ms. Rowling that will include new movies, distribution rights to a television miniseries and new theme park attractions.

The studio said it had entered an agreement under which Ms. Rowling, who wrote the “Harry Potter” books, will become a screenwriter for the first time, working on an adaptation of her “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” a book that extends the world of wizardry in the Potter series. In a statement, Warner said the movie would become the first in a planned film series.

The studio also said the agreement would permit new attractions and initiatives connected with its existing “Harry Potter” theme park presence at the Universal Studios parks.

In television, the deal makes Warner the global distributor of a BBC miniseries based on “The Casual Vacancy,” a Rowling novel that is aimed at adults. The miniseries is set for production next year, the studio said.

The Rowling deal marks a significant step for Kevin Tsujihara, who was recently named chief executive of Warner, after a long, internal competition for a post being vacated by Barry Meyer. The “Harry Potter” film series, which Warner started in 2001 with “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” has been a huge success for the company. The final film, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2,” took in more than $1.3 billion at the worldwide box office after its release in 2011.

Ms. Rowling, who has become almost as closely associated with the studio as with her own books, said Warner executives had proposed the idea of a film based on “Fantastic Beasts,” and she counter-proposed that she should be the writer, though she has not previously written screenplays.

“As I considered Warners’ proposal, an idea took shape that I couldn’t dislodge,” said Ms. Rowling in a statement. “That is how I ended up pitching my own idea for a film to Warner Brothers.”

She said she envisioned the film as “an extension of the wizarding world,'’ but not a prequel or sequel to the “Potter'’ series.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/13/business/media/warner-jk-rowling-partnership-will-include-new-wizardry-film.html?_r=0

• 2 years later...

Archived