Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citius Altius Fortius

"The Mannschaft" vs. "Socceroos" (friendly)

Oi-yoi-yoi! Ever since the thumping in Durban, I'm, wary about the mannschaft - friendly or not.

I assumed Oseick helped set up that match.

Oi-yoi-yoi! Ever since the thumping in Durban, I'm, wary about the mannschaft - friendly or not.

I assumed Oseick helped set up that match.

You'd have to think that Osieck and his alte kamerade Der Kaiser have been having some friendly discussions with the FFA and DFB. Just a bloody shame it's not down under. Would love to see the Deutschies here in Sydney...

In the FFA article it is mentioned that the match belongs to several international friendlies with teams of a high level to improve the Socceroos - I think that is a good approach and furthermore I think it is a good for the AUSTRALIA 2022 bid...

By the way I applied to become a volunteer in Australia 2022 to show my support of the bid

I'm glad that the DFB now chooses and finds interesting opponents for its friendlies again -- Denmark last month, Sweden in November, Italy in February (in Dortmund -- the very place where our team lost against Italy in that memorable World Cup semi-final!), Australia in March and Brazil for next August. Great stuff!

Now the comparison with the opponents of the friendlies from 2009 until this year's World Cup: Norway, China, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Cote d'Ivoire, Argentina, Malta, Hungary, Bosnia and Herzegovina. There were some "big ones" among those teams, but in total, it was not an overly exciting choice of opponents.

But I have to clear something up: The German national team actually does not really have a "nickname". If any, here in Germany it's called "Die Nationalmannschaft" (The national team) or "Unsere Jungs" (our boys) or -- but very rarely -- "Die Adler" (The eagles) respectively "Die den Adler tragen" (Those who wear the eagle). But it's never called "Die Mannschaft" as a nickname.

In the FFA article it is mentioned that the match belongs to several international friendlies with teams of a high level to improve the Socceroos - I think that is a good approach and furthermore I think it is a good for the AUSTRALIA 2022 bid...

By the way I applied to become a volunteer in Australia 2022 to show my support of the bid

Nice one CAF! If we get the nod and you want to swing by in 2022 for a few DABs let us know :D

But I have to clear something up: The German national team actually does not really have a "nickname". If any, here in Germany it's called "Die Nationalmannschaft" (The national team) or "Unsere Jungs" (our boys) or -- but very rarely -- "Die Adler" (The eagles) respectively "Die den Adler tragen" (Those who wear the eagle). But it's never called "Die Mannschaft" as a nickname.

I know Fabian , but I used the nick "The Mannschaft", since it seems to be the nick of our "Nationalmannschaft" in Australia

Nice one CAF! If we get the nod and you want to swing by in 2022 for a few DABs let us know :D

I would prefer few Cascade Premium Lager, Victoria Bitter or XXXX

:D :D :D

I know Fabian , but I used the nick "The Mannschaft", since it seems to be the nick of our "Nationalmannschaft" in Australia

I would prefer few Cascade Premium Lager, Victoria Bitter or XXXX

:D :D :D

VB is banned in my household CAF...but if you want I can always distill some dirty rain water for ya if you want the taste. Methinks you need some Coopers to really give you the best Aussie take on our own Rheinheitsgebot :D

VB is banned in my household CAF...but if you want I can always distill some dirty rain water for ya if you want the taste. Methinks you need some Coopers to really give you the best Aussie take on our own Reinheitsgebot :D

lol - better than "Foster's" (this allegedly Aussie beer outside of Australia)

I don't remember if I tried Coopers when I was down under - maybe Rols remembers it...