Rio-2016 News

danfla

Great Mobilization 'People against the Coup', March 18, 2016

Gay rights movement, black movement, the feminist movement and

some important artists like Chico Buarque (our great composer)
are against the coup.

RIO DE JANEIRO

25897682415_e7ecdf6654_b.jpg

Canto da Democracia | 18-03-2016 | Rio de Janeiro by Ninja Midia, no Flickr

25776853452_b3ea39fd0d_b.jpg

25897731095_4851eb491d_b.jpg
25897732995_afde082eef_b.jpg
25802748781_d1754ba490_b.jpg

If I were Chico Buarque I'd feel obligated to support Lula. Nothing is by the way: his girlfriend received R$801,200 (around USD$400.000) from the Government to the project of her third CD, in 2013. Again, public money was used to subsidize leftists artists.

80,000 people, according to the Military Police; 90,000, according to DataFolha and 300.000, according to MST, MTST, CUT, UBES and UNE which are Lula's supporting movements. They have an interesting thing in commom: they are all subsidized by the Government. The question is, with all the money they have and having paid transportation and snacks for their "protesters", why weren´t they able to gather a really huge crowd? A coup? You gotta be kidding. Impeachment is a legal form provided by the Constitution to put an end to a mandate.

For them, anyone who is not with them blindly is a conspirator and therefore he's doing a coup. They do that every day of the year here as well.

How can unarmed citizens can do a coup anyway? Their logic never ceases to amaze me.

The thing that annoys me off is how they also (like here) use constantly the effigee of certain bearded guy with a beret who trained guerillas in South America and pretty much instigated a murder attempt against our president back in the 60's (who was a democratically elect one, not even a dictators).

Instead of using images of, I don't know, national, autoctonous heroes?

If I were Chico Buarque I'd feel obligated to support Lula. Nothing is by the way: his girlfriend received R$801,200 (around USD$400.000) from the Government to the project of her third CD, in 2013. Again, public money was used to subsidize leftists artists.

Oh my God... Ignorance is the chosen state of mind.

Chico Buarque is historically a political activist of the political left, like Luis Fernando Verissimo (our great writer), Caetano Veloso, Gilberto Gil and others. The great Brazilian artists are against the coup. Stop with the 'conspiracy theory' about any supporter of Democracy being a person who receives money for it . That's just ridiculous.

March 19, 2016 - Caetano Veloso compara ato anti-PT a Marcha da Família com Deus de 1964 (Caetano Veloso , one of the most important singers and composers in Brazil is against the Coup)
caetano_veloso.jpg

Luis Fernando Verissimo is... against the Coup

luis_fernando_verissimo_hospital.jpg

Gilberto Gil and Roberto Carlos (considered 'The King' of the Brazilian music) are... agains the Coup

gilberto_gil.jpg

Roberto_Carlos_em_video_do_Procure_Saber

All the greatest exponents of Brazilian music are against the coup.

And the last images of the 'Canto da Democracia' (Singing for Democracy), in Rio
[against the coup]

25299291423_7dbe66cd14_b.jpg

25807230112_ef2de45285_b.jpg

'Stop Cunha, Bolsonaro and Trump'
(Eduardo Cunha is a famous corrupt in Brazil, president of the Chamber of Deputies and against President Rousseff)
(Bolsonaro is a homophobic and racist politician idolized by many protesters in events against President Rousseff)

25298652083_b38bea959e_b.jpg

25294009304_40c6ac8a25_b.jpg

A very important and symbolic protest of the black movement

25831784921_c0e9be1e93_b.jpg

The substantial difference between the events against the coup and the pro Coupe events is:
The events for the coup: a vast majority of
white people
And events against the coup: People of all colors.

25871262126_3d34248d99_b.jpg

25776552072_1e573bcd28_b.jpg

25871277436_ece501843a_b.jpg

25802589451_228a3db7bf_b.jpg

25900817326_292909283f_b.jpg

'Stop TV Globo' (Media ownership is central to the manipulation of the people)
Globe is a right-wing media empire in Brazil and the people know it.
For example: Globo manipulated the political debate of 1989 (against Lula),
O Globo newspaper supported the military coup of 64.

25294014794_b3480f1601_b.jpg

In order to understand political activity in Brasil today, it is very important to clarify functional process:
1. Why Impeachment?
The opposition (political right) accused Rousseff of 'Pedaladas Fiscais'.
2. What is 'Pedaladas Fiscais'?
When the government uses money of public banks to for social programs.

3. Is there any accusation of corruption against the president Dilma Rousseff?
No.

4. If Dilma Rousseff is outside the government, who will be the new president?
In order:
1. Michel Temer (vice-president)
Suspected of severe disciplinary violations, he is currently under investigation.
2. Eduardo Cunha
Suspected of severe disciplinary violations, he is currently under investigation.

5. Is there another possibility?
Yes. The Superior Electoral Court may suspend the president and the vice president and call new general elections.

Aggravating situation

Saturday March 19, 2016
A important journalist said: This is a irreversible coup and Lula should call for help to a foreign embassy.

http://www.conexaojornalismo.com.br/colunas/politica/brasil/jornalista-cre-em-golpe-irreversivel-e-sugere-que-lula-se-abrigue-em-embaixada-73-43156

In order to understand political activity in Brasil today, it is very important to clarify functional process:
1. Why Impeachment?

The opposition (political right) accused Rousseff of 'Pedaladas Fiscais'.

2. What is 'Pedaladas Fiscais'?

When the government uses money of public banks to for social programs.

It seems, you got lost, your brain can´t process the unthinkable ammount of info provided by Justice as things are happening so fast. Childish, simplistic affirmations. And a cousp? this is ridiculous. Brazilian lestfists are as they are worldwide: they have no argument, they try to change the subject. Their strategy is simply: they ignore what is shown against them and present their own agenda, manipulating the facts and the truth. It is facism! They simply can't keeep a reasoned argumentation. Let time show to the world the kind of disonest, criminal odius fascist they are.

• Like 1

It seems, you got lost, your brain can´t process the unthinkable ammount of info provided by Justice as things are happening so fast. Childish, simplistic affirmations. And a cousp? this is ridiculous. Brazilian lestfists are as they are worldwide: they have no argument, they try to change the subject. Their strategy is simply: they ignore what is shown against them and present their own agenda, manipulating the facts and the truth. It is facism! They simply can't keeep a reasoned argumentation. Let time show to the world the kind of disonest, criminal odius fascist they are.

Less hate, my friend. 'Fascist' are the protesters against Dilma, Lula and the Workers Party. You forgot? Well, you want to talk about fascism... Ok.

I remember:

The fascist (and patetic) protests against Dilma, Lula and The Workers Party

(and why this is named 'The Horror Day' by Democracy's supporters)

Dilma and Lula hanged and Military Intervention

15_marco46_nazistas.jpg

https://novobloglimpinhoecheiroso.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/15_marco46_nazistas.jpg

Death for president Rousseff? :mellow:

Coxinhas_pedem_Dilma_enforcada_no_Doi_Co

'We want military intervention'

16_03_2015_13_10_10_800.jpg

Some patetic moments

(this is named '#carnacoxinha', in Brazil. Like a carnival-protest)

manifesta_es_11_1.jpg

http://www.blogdacidadania.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/manifesta%C3%A7%C3%B5es-11.jpg

protesto_02.jpg

https://boitempoeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/protesto-02.jpg?w=500&h=500

And, for me, this is the most horrible image. I can not translate :(

cartaz.jpg

http://www.diariodocentrodomundo.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/cartaz-.jpg

In Brazil, we have thousands of images of fascist protests against Rousseff and Lula.

You want to talk about it?

:(

Chávez is not master of anybody here. Brazilian political history - for anyone that has even small knowledge about it - is surprisingly distant from the rest of South America and all your bolivarian/all-latin american just never had roots here. Don't need to assume that Venezuelan politics or leaders have any importance or impact in Brazil, because they never had. The neighbors we pay close attention here are Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay, with which we share much more than with the countries away from the northern frontier. Plus, don't need to talk as if you know all the specifics of the current Brazilian crisis because it doesn't compare to the Venezuelan case, the background is different as are the actors in play, the role of the people and the state of the democratic institutions.

These are examples of the typical action of the Workers's Party militia: win by force and silence the press. Very democratic people...

1424827567995.jpg

1424867041110.jpg

foto3.jpg

487290-640x480-1.jpeg

5out2012---o-fotojornalista-moacyr-lopes

Oh, gee. Where did I saw this before? :rolleyes:

8963555620motorizados.jpg

Fascismo_Colectivo_Chavista.jpg

Bandas-chavistas.jpg

ataque-a-periodiistas.jpg

represencioVZ13.jpg

protesta-violenta-venezuela-feb-13.jpg

But you know, we're just evil fascists. They're totally innocent people. Right? :lol:

Chávez is not master of anybody here. Brazilian political history - for anyone that has even small knowledge about it - is surprisingly distant from the rest of South America and all your bolivarian/all-latin american just never had roots here. Don't need to assume that Venezuelan politics or leaders have any importance or impact in Brazil, because they never had. The neighbors we pay close attention here are Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay, with which we share much more than with the countries away from the northern frontier. Plus, don't need to talk as if you know all the specifics of the current Brazilian crisis because it doesn't compare to the Venezuelan case, the background is different as are the actors in play, the role of the people and the state of the democratic institutions.

Oh really? Then tell me why both Chavez and Maduro were and are interested on keeping PT in power as much as they can, and why their tactics are so similar to our own PSUV party here? Coincidence? I think not. And don't tell me he's doing it out of good will because we all know how politicians love to say bullshit. There are just interests. No love.

And then, we have stuff like Maduro actually threatening to invade you guys if the "coup" happens. Do you mind explaining what is this, then?

Finally, some actual news that's Olympic -related. Y'all really should move this protesting crap to its own thread so some of us can easily ignore it, especially when it has gone off in tangents.

As for Neymar, isn't there an age restriction for Olympic football? Maybe this is his way of trying to wipe some of his debt. If he delivers gold his debt will be reduced!

As for Neymar, isn't there an age restriction for Olympic football? Maybe this is his way of trying to wipe some of his debt. If he delivers gold his debt will be reduced!

On the men's side, it's U23, but you can have up to three older players on the team. No age restrictions for the women.

Brazil descends into chaos as Olympics looms

March 21 NEW YORK

Brazil is spiraling dramatically into chaos even as the Olympics are fast approaching in August.

An increasingly uncertain political backdrop is sparking widespread, and sometimes violent, protests. The country is in the midst of its worst recession in 25 years. A massive corruption scandal involving its biggest company has engulfed numerous executives and politicians. Add to that the deadly Zika virus, and you have a country in crisis mode.

Concerns are rising over whether Brazil will be adequately prepared for this seminal global event. The International Olympic Committee told CNNMoney Friday that it is "very closely" watching the political events unfolding.

Related: Why Brazil is freaking out

The Summer games begin August 5 in Rio de Janeiro, and the world spotlight will turn on a nation at a crossroads.

Brazil was awarded these Olympics games in 2009, when the country's economy was booming. Now the country is battling a slew of social, economic and political challenges.

"This was going to be the coming out party for Brazil," says Paulo Sotero, director of the Brazil Institute at the Wilson Center. "This will probably be a scaled down party."

No one is saying the Olympics will be canceled. But there is the potential for more violent protests, a global travel warning ban is in effect advising pregnant women not to travel to Brazil and no one knows who will be president in August.

Related: Brazil recession: 'I've never seen anything like this'

Millions of Brazilians have taken to the streets to demand the impeachment of president Dilma Rousseff.

The political uncertainty escalated this week. On Thursday Rousseff appointed the former president, Ignacio Lula da Silva, as her chief of staff -- a move that would provide him with legal immunity from prosecution on corruption charges. Prosecutors have accused Lula of money laundering and identity fraud, claiming he covered up ownership of a vacation home.

Politicians, company execs and all types of elites have been embroiled in the gargantuan Petrobras scandal. And now, the next victims could be Rousseff and Lula.

"We don't know if we'll have this government or some other government when the Olympics arrive," says Alberto Ramos, co-head of Latin America research at Goldman Sachs. "The country is getting increasingly socially and politically polarized and that's not good."

Related: New twists in Brazil's political intrigue

Another looming question is whether the actual Olympic facilities will be ready, given how much of the country's attention has been taken up by the political turmoil. And Rio's organizers have already had their purse strings tightened recently: in January the operating budget for the games was slashed by $500 million to $1.85 billion.

With so many unresolved issues, uncertainty looms large over the Olympics.

"I can't think of an Olympics that's been played out against such a volatile political and economic backdrop," says Neil Shearing, chief emerging market economist at Capital Economics.

LMAO @ "very closely." That's like the 3rd "very closely" statement I have seen the IOC make about the Rio Olympics. They can watch as close as they want, they've already committed to Rio hosting the event and that there will be no alternative. But there is an actual alternative, and that's canceling the games, which I highly doubt would happen.

BTW, has there ever been a crisis this large leading up to an Olympic games from the host city? I've read a few things about Mexico City, but can't remember how large the issues there were to compare them to the ones from Brazil.

LMAO @ "very closely." That's like the 3rd "very closely" statement I have seen the IOC make about the Rio Olympics. They can watch as close as they want, they've already committed to Rio hosting the event and that there will be no alternative. But there is an actual alternative, and that's canceling the games, which I highly doubt would happen.

BTW, has there ever been a crisis this large leading up to an Olympic games from the host city? I've read a few things about Mexico City, but can't remember how large the issues there were to compare them to the ones from Brazil.

There was a huge student protest some days before the opening ceremony and the President back then gave the order of repressing it, causing almost 300 dead people. It was part of conflicts between the ruling PRI party and communists activists/guerillas which happened during the decade.

Korea on the other hand had a crisis on early 1988 which led to the peaceful removal of authoritarian government and the return of democracy.

So these two could be considered as precedents to what's happening now at Rio.

Probably the IOC is just happy to not talk about Zika and sewage for a few days. And as long as riots don't happen around venues they have time to slip in and out of Brazil. Maybe they lose more credibility in the long run again (especially after leaving things like the golf course, athletes village and white water venue) but most of them are busy being old and focused on how to keep their perks at the next games while avoiding blame for anything......they have a lot in common with Brazil politicians.

These are examples of the typical action of the Workers's Party militia: win by force and silence the press. Very democratic people...

I posted pictures with references .

You and FAAN are lying to our foreign friends and this is not good.

The images are from a fight between supporters and opponents of the government.

See more here:

http://www.diariodolitoral.com.br/cotidiano/ato-em-defesa-da-petrobras-tem-brigas-entre-apoiadores-do-governo-e-an/51749/

I support the truth ;)

I posted pictures with references .

You and FAAN are lying to our foreign friends and this is not good.

The images are from a fight between supporters and opponents of the government.

See more here:

http://www.diariodolitoral.com.br/cotidiano/ato-em-defesa-da-petrobras-tem-brigas-entre-apoiadores-do-governo-e-an/51749/

I support the truth ;)

Based on what you are saying that? I have enough self-esteem and I don't need to lie to anyone, even more in an international forum. Stop being obsessed with me.