• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTW, this issue has nothing to do with Rio de Janeiro and Olympic Games. The security in Brazilian Grand Prix in Sao Paulo is made exclusively by Police Force of Sao Paulo state. It's a problem fo

My God, don't they have enough problems! {couldn't resist}

Uh, maybe because they are great ways to show what's going on in and around Rio. Keep posting please

Here we go...

Just trying to tell Tony not to bite at BRwhatevers bait.

I have know idea how these guys can see into the future...wish I could, then I'll ask for the winning Lotto numbers!

• Like 1

Rio may fail to be the best games ever, but for sure Rio will achieve some better things than London in certains aspects. Maybe few, maybe more.

Just get used to the idea if (probably) Rio does not surpass London in 2016 as best the games ever, Tokyo will in 2020.

I tend to disagree.

Just trying to tell Tony not to bite at BRwhatevers bait.

I have know idea how these guys can see into the future...wish I could, then I'll ask for the winning Lotto numbers!

What do you mean? BR is trolling, or me? Because I'm not.

• Like 1

I tend to disagree.

Will London games the last to receive "these were the bestbgames ever" speech in the Closing Cemeremony for ever?

How can you be so sure?

Wake up Tony

Will London games the last to receive "these were the bestbgames ever" speech in the Closing Cemeremony for ever?

How can you be so sure?

Wake up Tony

Sydney was the last one. That was Samaranch's frase and fortunately Rogge didn't use it.

• Like 1

Just look on the internet - there's plenty of them:

everylitterhurts.jpg

Googling Brazillian pussy to find something more relevent didn't work. And that's three hours of my life I'm not getting back.

Yikes. So what happens now?

Two possibilities

To keep the sailing events in the entrance of the bay where water are far in better conditions than the sensationalistic picture Paul just posted.

Or move the events to clear waters Buzios region 100km far from Rio

Two possibilities

To keep the sailing events in the entrance of the bay where water are far in better conditions than the sensationalistic picture Paul just posted.

Doesn't look Photoshopped to me, but realistic.

Two possibilities

honestly there are also far far worse conditions in parts of the bay, just thought the fat doggie was cute

sadley, the events should be moved :(

• Like 1

Doesn't look Photoshopped to me, but realistic.

But the picture is real, only took 40 km far from the actual place where sailing event was planned to take place.

I explained this several times. The bay is huge, the north part of the bay is truly disgusting. The entrance of the bay, where Sugar Loaf is located, is in far better condition (still this "better" condition is not good enough.

To show pictures of the North of the Bay and claim "this is where sailing event will yake place" is, at least, inaccuracy

honestly there are also far far worse conditions in parts of the bay, just thought the fat doggie was cute

sadley, the events should be moved :(

Specially Northeastern part of the bay.

Dog are always cute.

I think clean waters Barra region could host sailing events. All it needs is a marina.

• Like 1

Sydney was the last one. That was Samaranch's frase and fortunately Rogge didn't use it.

Yeah, it was kind of mean. Still feel for Atlanta when Samaranch in a very kurt tone said "most exceptional games".

Wasn't Barcelona's sailing venue a disaster?

IIRC Seoul was a disaster due to the weather.

IIRC Seoul was a disaster due to the weather.

There was one site where garbage got stuck on a leading boat and they lost. I think it was Barcelona.

will it be moved?

No news so far.

IMO, I think Botafogo/Flamengo area can host the event (as planned) if authorities run to finish the sewing treatment works as promised and to a big operation to clean the entrance of the bay.

That's only one opinion.

This is the place expected to host the sailing events

bac3ada-de-guanabara.jpg

Again, despite look cleaner than other pictures, the water condition is not adequate.

Still, the diference is visible. The challenge of bringing these water to a better situation is achievable.