Rio-2016 News

What a kind gesture from English people! This is amazing!!!!

Could this become a potential tradition of the Summer Games?

It would be a nice one, and to be fair, it could be named "Newcastle Olympic Rings" paying a tribute to the city who started it.

I loved it!

Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 2

And some picture of the recent opened "North Arch Highway" around Rio metro area (Portuguese: Arco Metropolitano).

Before you guys claims we are "celebrating" stupid new highways, this will take out from Rio all the trucks that does not have Rio as final destination and give some relief to Avenida Brasil traffic (the main highway in North Rio, or the main highway link between Maracana and Deodoro clusters).

WIthout World Cup and Olympics, the works would not have been delivered and probably, this highway would be postponed...

14653736732_5bf8e44f2f_b.jpg

14654109085_25c94121f0_b.jpg

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

IMG_2450.JPG

Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

So far behind on the Olympic park...

So, we progressed from "nothing" to "so far behind"...

Is it too hard to say that the works progressed a lot since last pictures, right?

campo_de_golfe_olimpico_-_jul14_-_7.jpg

it would be difficult to make those apartments more ugly, or is it a prison?

Funny, They are Copy-paste from Miami Beach style...

Nothing to detract lately, let's complain about residential buildings style...

Edited by DannyelBrazil

So, we progressed from "nothing" to "so far behind"...

Is it too hard to say that the works progressed a lot since last pictures, right?

Honestly, I barely see any progression.

If it's any consolation, the golf course looks great

Construction can sometimes be tricky. It starts of real slow, then suddenly: BOOM! support beams and a foundation. It seems to freeze like that for a long time, then: BOOM! Walls and a roof. It stays an ugly structure before the final 'BOOM!' Which signals landscaping, paint, etc. but because you only see the exterior, you become impatient as to why the darn thing isn't open yet. The interior is still unfinished. And hopefully, the park will be finished before the start of the games. (Or is this something that I only experience ._.)

• Like 3

Construction can sometimes be tricky. It starts of real slow, then suddenly: BOOM! support beams and a foundation. It seems to freeze like that for a long time, then: BOOM! Walls and a roof. It stays an ugly structure before the final 'BOOM!' Which signals landscaping, paint, etc. but because you only see the exterior, you become impatient as to why the darn thing isn't open yet. The interior is still unfinished. And hopefully, the park will be finished before the start of the games. (Or is this something that I only experience ._.)

This is so accurate and true that could became the resumé of SkyScrapercity Forums!

Honestly, I barely see any progression.

March

vilaolimpica-andur-2.jpg

June, 26

14202528.jpeg

The progress is, somehow, clear. From finish cleaning the site for the works (March), to all venues under works. (June)

Edited by DannyelBrazil

I didn't think it was the park that was causing any concerns. Mainly Deodoro.

True! The works started only last July 3rd with politicians taking picture with machines and workers...

obras_deodoro_rio2016_leonardofilipo.jpg

obras-deodoro-rio2016-bethsantos-5.jpg

obras-deodoro-rio2016-bethsantos-1.jpg

Source:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/olimpiadas/noticia/2014/07/paes-inaugura-obras-do-complexo-de-deodoro.html

According to Rio City Hall, 60% of the venues in Deodoro Park have its structures ready (since they were used in PanAmerican games and Rio 2011 World Military Games).

Plus, the final works of the BMX course will start only in april 2016 due weather, to avoid the heavy rain season in february-march. Still, the structures for athletes, media and seats along with cleaning the site for the BMX course already started.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

....don't be so sensitive, i seriously thought they were a tear down.

I'm not being senstive, I'm just saying the style Barra district have. It's a copy-paste of Florida, specially Miami Beach...

Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro

vista-aerea-1.jpg

Miami Beach

miami-beach.jpg

Judge the pics by yourself, Paul, indeed some of Barra buildings were planned by Archtecture companies from Florida...

I didn't invented the nickname "Brazilian Miami" for Barra. ;)

Some folks won't be able to rest until we all accept Rio is heaven on earth and will stage the best Games ever (past, present or future).

Maybe, and maybe also some folks won't be able to rest until we Brazilians accept Rio is a hell third-woldish-city and IOC is crazy to give lazy Brazilians the right to stage the worst "prepated" games ever (past, present, future - specially worst than Athens, what really matter, right?)

Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

It does seem very poorly prepared in many ways so far, and lots of the (60% DONE huehuehuehe!!!) existing stuff is really bad but will be fine like the athletics stadium. It'll all get tossed up last minute and it'll be super fun games in cool Rio. And it'll be stunningly beautiful shots of beach, topography features, and Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus over and over to infinity or at least the closing ceremony. It'll be fine and fun!

I've honestly got a bit of Brazil-fatigue after the World Cup and looking at this site for a few years.

p.s. I didn't know rio aspired to 80s style Miami, I've heard it was a good decade for them way back then.......Miami Vice, cocaine, cigaret boats and all.

It does seem very poorly prepared in many ways so far, and lots of the (60% DONE huehuehuehe!!!) existing stuff is really bad but will be fine like the athletics stadium. It'll all get tossed up last minute and it'll be super fun games in cool Rio. And it'll be stunningly beautiful shots of beach, topography features, and Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus over and over to infinity or at least the closing ceremony. It'll be fine and fun!

I've honestly got a bit of Brazil-fatigue after the World Cup and looking at this site for a few years.

p.s. I didn't know rio aspired to 80s style Miami, I've heard it was a good decade for them way back then.......Miami Vice, cocaine, cigaret boats and all.

I love your posts... ;)

Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

:blink::rolleyes::huh:

Let's wait and see - Brasil did a marvelous job in hosting the World Cup and it will do a marvelous job in two years! Olympic Games are so successful, since it is an international celebration and therefore we have to accept that preparations as well as the organization/celebrations are handled differently.

P.S. that remark about drugs is really under the belt...

:angry:

I would love to have an accommodation there during the Games!

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, the buildings are ugly in Miami and in Rio.

For what it's worth, Barra is only one district of Rio.

The city of Rio is very heterogeneous with regard to architecture, from poor houses in favelas to some nice art déco in Flamengo Beach Boulevard... From 1920 mansions in Santa Teresa to modern buildings in Leblon...

There are buildings for every tastes.

(Despite the fact I love both Florida and Barra style...)

Edited by DannyelBrazil

For what it's worth, Barra is one district of Rio.

The city of Rio is very heterogeneous with regard to architecture, from poor houses in favelas to some nice art déco in Flamengo Beach Boulevard... From 1920 mansions in Santa Teresa to modern buildings in Leblon...

You know very well that I meant these particular buildings that were the issue further up in this thread.