Rio-2016 logo is chosen

danfla

Sorry for the google translator

Rio-2016 logo is chosen, but will only be revealed in the New year

The Olympic Games 2016 already have a logo. On Thursday, when the capital Rio de Janeiro celebrates 11 months of winning the election to be the host city of the event, the Jury chose eight of the papers presented. The next step will be to send the approval mark for the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

Despite the choice, the logo of the Games Rio 2016 and the name of the agency winning the contest will only be revealed in the year-end celebrations, New Year's Eve on Copacabana Beach, South Zone, an event that will count with the presence of the presidents of Brazil, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, the IOC, Jacques Rogge, president beyond the future winner of the elections of October 3.

The decision on the logo came out in a runoff, since the first time they met in early August, the projects were sent back to the agency to overhaul.

The prize for winning was the agency of $ 40,000, plus a contract for six months (renewable for same period) in the amount of $ 780,000 to develop the logo. All finalists had already received £ 10,000 for the construction of their projects.

In total, eight agencies competed for the honor: Brainbox Design (PR), Dual Design (RJ), Future Brand (SP), Gad Design (SP), Soter Design (RJ), Studio Lumen (PR), Tactile Design (RJ) and Twenty Zero One (RJ).

OMG! I just can't wait! I do hope the logo is less of fanbase breaker than previous logos have been. And I say less because the base will most likely be broken XD Was there ever a logo that got universal acclaim?

Have you guys checked the fees to be payed should the logo be leaked beforehand? I guess they are to expected given the size of the situation, but still, it´s a lot of money. R$ 780,000 (US$ 445,000) if the agency leaks it, R$ 390,000 (US$ 222,000) is a member of the LOCOG leaks it, R$ 78,000 (US$ 44,000) if the responsible is one of the judges.

Source: http://blogs.lancenet.com.br/rio2016/

Have you guys checked the fees to be payed should the logo be leaked beforehand? I guess they are to expected given the size of the situation, but still, it´s a lot of money. R$ 780,000 (US$ 445,000) if the agency leaks it, R$ 390,000 (US$ 222,000) is a member of the LOCOG leaks it, R$ 78,000 (US$ 44,000) if the responsible is one of the judges.

Source: http://blogs.lancenet.com.br/rio2016/

Good idea, but, always, O Globo and TV Globo shows the logos one day before... I'm sure it will be not different this time again.

Good idea, but, always, O Globo and TV Globo shows the logos one day before... I'm sure it will be not different this time again.

Oh, who cares, we won't be the ones to pay for it should be leaked! I'm just so curious! I NEED to see this thing with my own eyes! Just 3 more months till December 31st!

Logos always change between the bid and the Games as the brand and concept develops and falls into place. Besides which, if I remember correctly, the IOC doesn't actually allow bid logos to carry forward as the actual Games emblem.

Is there a specific rule for that? If I remember correctly (which I don't since I was 4) Lillehammer's candidate logo had that same Aurora thingie but fliped upside down and coloured in red and blue.

lg1994l2.jpg

logo1994.gif

Did the Norwegians twarted the IOC to pick the logo they (Lillehammer) wanted from the start?

Is there a specific rule for that? If I remember correctly (which I don't since I was 4) Lillehammer's candidate logo had that same Aurora thingie but fliped upside down and coloured in red and blue.

lg1994l2.jpg

logo1994.gif

Did the Norwegians twarted the IOC to pick the logo they (Lillehammer) wanted from the start?

But it isn't strictly speaking the same logo. There are several key differences, like the color scheme, the position of the rings...I guess the IOC doensn't have any issues if you´re trying to keep a certain theme within your logo choices if they have enough differences between them.

• 1 month later...

There have been variations on a theme in the past - Atlanta kept star shapes, Sydney kept elements of its Opera House swoosh, Torino kept the Mole inspiration, Beijing kept the human figure - but they were all ultimately a new design. I think only Calgary truly kept its original bid logo, but that was almost 30 years ago.

Archived