The great 2014 logo hunt!

hektor

OK - so I wanna see the pretty little 2014 logos, like yesterday.  So scour the internet - bribe the Georgians - invade Korea (really, please do!) - I wanna see them all now - or alternatively, post your designs for each bid city - you never know, they may poach your idea and laugh as the royalties stack up!

OK, I think Jaca will do an Istanbul and reuse their logo.  It's dull, boring and says "yawn" to all who see it's infanite boredomness, but hey - its cheap!

jaca20147fp.jpg

Sochi I think will use a stylised letter as their logo.  The earlier Sochi bid (2002) just used the Russian Olympic logo kind of swirled into a mountain shape that frankly looked like crap.  I think they'll go for something liike this -

sochi20149rw.jpg

Using both the russian and english spelling of Sochi.

The Jaca 2006 olympic logo is horrible, boring, and says absolutely nothing about the city. Heck, it doesn't even show the colors of the olympics or even the national flag.

The Jaca 2002 logo looks a little bit more decent.

lg2002b6.gif

Both of them are horrible!!! :help: Where are the good designers?  :o

I actually said I thought both my designs were awful and yawn-worthy - but they are probably what the cities will use.  The Jaca 2014 one is just a direct copy of the 2010 one.  I would not be surprised if they just reuse it.

The Sochi one is the logo used by Sochi Online - but again I think as we saw with the Moscow logo, the Russians aren't exactly imaginative.

While I applaud your detective skills, I always thought that everyone knew the Sofia logo was taken from the UEFA one...

It's pretty obvious to most Europeans I think??

Well im not European and dont follow soccer so it's all new to me

Ok, I must work better, but as I told you, now  I don't have any graphic software in ny computer. Anyway, I show you a sketch of my idea. I promise upload it when I'll have it well done:

voilá: 9tz529.jpg

The idea is: two figures embraced, one of them representing a slalom track and the other one representing both a ski-jumping track and a hockey stick.

The colours: the slalom track, in soft blue, representing ice and snow; the other part, in red/yellow, representing both Spanish and Aragonese flags.

Well, I told you that's not perfect, but just a sketch

Ok, I must work better, but as I told you, now  I don't have any graphic software in ny computer. Anyway, I show you a sketch of my idea. I promise upload it when I'll have it well done:

The idea is: two figures embraced, one of them representing a slalom track and the other one representing both a ski-jumping track and a hockey stick.

The colours: the slalom track, in soft blue, representing ice and snow; the other part, in red/yellow, representing both Spanish and Aragonese flags.

That logo looks like Istanbul's again and again bid logo. :D

That logo looks like Istanbul's again and again bid logo. :D

Just in this sketch. I sware you that they have any simmilitude

I like it, bravo!

Anyway, did Istanbul one represent the olympic rings? I found it on this way

olimpiyat.jpg

as the olympic rings represent the continents and overlap, and istanbul being the only city in the world that is located over two continents (europe and asia), istanbul's bid logo uses that thinking....and combines both concepts.... :cool:

I rememeber a Flash intro on the Istanbul 2012 site (no longer available) that showed the Olympic rings rearranging, until there were two rings right next to each other, interlocked in the regular fashion. Then the interlocking section was brought out of the others.

Of course, the people that invented this logo eons ago are probably all dead now, the amount of times it's been reused. :rolleyes:

I hope Salzburg uses the note/mountain logo again.  I rather liked it.  It was simple and spoke to me about Salzburg as a city of music, snow and mountains.

logo_salzburg.gif

I expect this race to produce some rather poor quality logos.  Many of these places do not have strong international identities.

Oh, god and Jaca...all the art in Spain and a sideways J is all they can come up with?

Archived