Iranian Cowards

The IOC suspends NOCs (like Kuwait) for governmental interference. Isn't this a form of governmental interference and hence grounds for the Iranian NOCs suspension?

Depends whether it was the athlete's individual decision or whether he was pressured into taking it I guess.

I thinking if they'd would be doing that as I watched the Israeli won his match. When I saw the Israelis led without the Iranians, I knew they had pulled it off ! The commentary on the telly did say he pulled out because of injury but I have my doubts.

How nice it would be if this is translated into real life. A nation decides not to fight a war when a contest is about to begin!

That might be a lot nicer if it wasn't from a nation who's leader said the other nation should be wiped off the map. If this isn't about an injury, then it is about hatred.

That might be a lot nicer if it wasn't from a nation who's leader said the other nation should be wiped off the map. If this isn't about an injury, then it is about hatred.

I think it is more about embarrassment. If the Iranian lost to an Israeli it won't play well in Iran with regards to propoganda.

Well, i've seen worse things already *stares at URSS/USA boycotts* so i dont really care about it..but seriously, if they hate Israel so much, i dont think pulling out of a contest is going to give them a good image.

The athlete was injured

The media made this story up

The Irianian Sports Administrators are actually very nice people - I know them personally

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING THE MEDIA TELLS YOU

Its the paterned. Iranians are always either injured or overweight when they have to fight an Israeli.

• 3 weeks later...

The athlete was injured

The media made this story up

The Irianian Sports Administrators are actually very nice people - I know them personally

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING THE MEDIA TELLS YOU

That may have been true...and the athlete may have missed the medal ceremony because he was at the hospital. The IOC seem to accept that excuse without question (fair enough). But this is a pattern with the Iranian team. In 2004, an Iranian wrestler (who was a strong medal contender) withdrew from his opening round match with an Israeli citing injury...In 2008, an Iranian swimmer scratched from his preliminary heat which included an Israeli swimmer citing illness...and now this...

When you have a government who openly ostracizes Israel (and other countries) like a 13-year-old girl in a bitch fight, and the Iranian Olympic Team makes moves like this, I think it's fair for others to speculate...jus sayin...