2010 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships

Well they start this Wednesday night, in Irvine, California, at the Woollett Aquatics center, concluding Sunday with the open water swim in Long Beach, California, in the rowing channel created for the 1932 Los Angeles Olympic Games. I'm going to be there and it's going to be loads of fun! :)

Participating nations:

Australia

Brazil

China

Canada

Japan

New Zealand

South Africa

South Korea

United States

Pan_pacs_logo.gif

How many events will Michael Phelps be in? The same events he qualified for during the US Nationals?

I saw those US Nationals. Surprised Amanda Beard made the team because I thought she was done after Beijing.

Phelps will be swimming four events: 200 Free, 100, 200 Fly, 200 IM.

He'll be swimming on Day 1 and Day 3 if you are actually attending the event in person.

Universal Sports will broadcast Day 1 live 9 PM - 12 AM ET, 6-9 PM PT. NBC will broadcast a package of taped races from the championships on Saturday and Sunday, 2-4 PM ET, and 3-4 PM ET respectively.

In L.A./SoCal. Arrived Tuesday morning, JFK-LAX via Virgin America. Fun airline. Last night was Day 1 finals of the Pan Pacific Swimming championships down in Irvine. SO MUCH FUN!!! They had a little OC that consisted of a parade of the flags of the nations competing in the meet. Saw Ryan Lochte, Michael Phelps, Ian Piersol. Michael Phelps won his event last night, the 200 Fly. Got a movie of his medal ceremony. Today is Day 2. Very hot in the stands until the sun sets (Stands face west), then, glorious just perfect SoCal weather at night.

Cesar Cielo and Nicholas Santos gave Brazil the first 1-2 in a major international competition. They finished 1st and 2nd in the 50m butterfly.

After this surprising performance, Cielo seems to come strong for the 50m feestyle. Today, he swims the 100m freestyle, in which he holds the WR, but he hasnt done very well this year yet.

USA Swimming's Nathan Adrian out sprinted Ceaser Cielo in the 100m Free last night. After the medal ceremony, he threw the stuffed bear they gave him with his gold medal into the stands, and it sailed right up, and over everyone in front of me and hit me square in the chest, and I just caught it. LOL. Having soooo much fun at Pan Pacs. :D

Archived