where to download the opening ceremony?

Hello everyone, I am impassioned Olympic Games… yesterday I wanted to look at the opening ceremony of the JOJ 2010 but no French television channel diffused it, and on Internet site of the JOJ the quality of the video is rather bad. Could somebody say to me where to download the video of the opening ceremony in good quality? thank you for your assistance (forgiveness for my bad English)

Bienvenue Winnie !

Du site AFCOS à GamesBids, il n'y a qu'un pas !

Dés disponible l'information sera partagé en français sur www.afcos.org !

If you don't mind the wait, I am considering encoding a copy of the video from my recordings. This may take about a week depending on my schedules.

Alternatively if you do not mind waiting even longer, the DVDs would be of even better quality.

@memorabilia : C'est vrai et pourtant ça fais plusieurs années que je connais ces sites, merci à vous de me souhaiter la bienvenue et de me tenir au courant, je suis vraiment déçu qu'aucune chaîne, notamment France Télévision, n'ai diffusé cette cérémonie ! j'ai une demande à vous formuler, dites moi si c'est possible ou pas : je crois que vous partez bientôt pour singapour, pouvez-vous me rapporter un couple de mascottes ? elles sont introuvables sur le net ou alors les frais de port sont trop onéreux.

@huaiwei: I will be happy to be able to see your recording, because I am a little disappointed not to have been able to see this ceremony. Thank you

@Olympian2004: Thank you

OK, watched those 2 highlight clips.

I'd say an "A" for effort...but except for the shadow boxer projection changing into that 'monster,' there WASN'T a single moment that one hasn't ALREADY SEEN at some Ceremony or other.

Maybe I will be a little nit-picky but:

- that stage didn't do anything for me...too busy and just too many different dimensions to deal with. And, as Changzi already pointed out, the 2-dimensional proscenium set-up of a stage vs. a one-sided audience, leaves a lot to be desired.

- And the dance formations, everything in straight lines? Couldn't they have been a little more imaginative?

- except for the fire sequence (Sydney 2000), the lighting was nothing special.

- fireworks, just white and gold?? Like the other colors don't exist??

- the entry of the flag of Singapore, the pop singer on the white piano -- I mean, c'mon, Beijing was just 16 months ago... :blink:

Finally, the forced gaiety and 'spontaniety' of the youth of Singapore. Well, we all know the Singapore youth are just a little 'freer' than the youths of China, but they still come from a strictly disciplined and controlled society. So that youthful 'gaiety and with-it spontaneity' of the youthful performers seemed phony and disingenous. They just look too good to be totally free and 'punk.'

Oh, the one thing I give the show high marks for is: seating the athletes before the show. They got that right! No need to see an unruly mob just filtering in as in the SOGs.

For an inaugural edition, it cud've BEEN WORSE...and I guess they didn't charge $500 or $1,000 a seat? Or did they?

@baron-pierreIV: I little not to judge this ceremony since I did not see it yet !

@memorabilia : merci pour ces deux liens youtube, la qualité est meilleure, en attendant une vidéo de qualité DVD, je vais enfin pouvoir voir cette cérémonie. merci !

je suis vraiment déçu qu'aucune chaîne, notamment France Télévision, n'ai diffusé cette cérémonie

This is the same that's happening in Spain. Neither ceremonies nor any sports events on TV. We haven't even been told about the YOG on the news. I guess very few people in Spain know about what's going on right now in Singapore... Then they're proud of repeating our motorcyclists do it really well on the Grand Prix events and that they support Spanish sport a lot :rolleyes: But they even spend more time talking about Real Madrid's new players than about Spain's results at the European Aquatics Championships, so I don't expect anything coming from Singapore.

Sadly, TV channels are only interested in some sports (fencing, badminton, archery, modern pentathlon, etc.) once every four years. One could think YOG are not that interesting because people that take part are less than 18, but they have no problems to talk about our men's football U-21, U-17 or U-XX team, so they could also spend, at least, one minute on it -_-

OK, watched those 2 highlight clips.

I'd say an "A" for effort...but except for the shadow boxer projection changing into that 'monster,' there WASN'T a single moment that one hasn't ALREADY SEEN at some Ceremony or other.

Maybe I will be a little nit-picky but:

- that stage didn't do anything for me...too busy and just too many different dimensions to deal with. And, as Changzi already pointed out, the 2-dimensional proscenium set-up of a stage vs. a one-sided audience, leaves a lot to be desired.

- And the dance formations, everything in straight lines? Couldn't they have been a little more imaginative?

- except for the fire sequence (Sydney 2000), the lighting was nothing special.

- fireworks, just white and gold?? Like the other colors don't exist??

- the entry of the flag of Singapore, the pop singer on the white piano -- I mean, c'mon, Beijing was just 16 months ago... :blink:

Finally, the forced gaiety and 'spontaniety' of the youth of Singapore. Well, we all know the Singapore youth are just a little 'freer' than the youths of China, but they still come from a strictly disciplined and controlled society. So that youthful 'gaiety and with-it spontaneity' of the youthful performers seemed phony and disingenous. They just look too good to be totally free and 'punk.'

Oh, the one thing I give the show high marks for is: seating the athletes before the show. They got that right! No need to see an unruly mob just filtering in as in the SOGs.

For an inaugural edition, it cud've BEEN WORSE...and I guess they didn't charge $500 or $1,000 a seat? Or did they?

Hmmm more like $200 :D

Now the lighthouse has turned into a chimney puffing black smoke out. Cauldron concept was truly original, tho it would have been nice if they had it in the center of the bay like the way real lighthouses are, and have Darren Choy literary 'walk on water' like Jesus. and though i like the olympic tornado as an innovative concept, somehow what's missing when the novelty wears off by day 2, - is the more natural looking iconic olympic flame!!! :(

The cheapest were going for SGD$30(About USD$20), with restricted views. With higher ones going at SGD$80, 120 and 200.

I have to admit the cultural performances were nothing magnificent. Although you have to keep in mind, modern Singapore was founded around the 1820's, (1819 to be exact) and was built by our forefathers from many parts of Asia , so we do not really have such a rich culture as say China or even Australia and most of it has been pass down from generations to generations, so they're pretty close if not the same as compared to the motherlands Singapore forefathers came from.

Anyways, back to the topic. Wasn't really value for money in the performance aspect but the "Parade of Nations" and torch lighting made it worth it ! The best after Barcelona & Beijing, but I might a little biased ;)

@Athan: You are right! not a word with the tv news, nothing the whole, it is very disappointing, the first JOJ deserve as much mediatization than the Olympic Games! to the wise!