Webcast of YOG Opening Ceremony

Hmm, they're being quite honest with the World problems, i'm loving the anti-war message here :D

((also who said there wasnt a live orchestra, i'm watching it there o.o))

And this segment reminds me a lot, so far, of Sydney 2000

So far, so good...the show doesn't overshadow the real Olympic ceremonies, and it sets a very good youthful tone - what these Games are about.

lol @ the parade of flags, something really seems missing...it needs the athletes.

I'd really like to know how much this ceremony cost.

Go France Go !!!! :rolleyes:

List of the flag bearers : http://www.singapore2010.sg/public/sg2010/en/en_news/en_media_releases/en_2010814_list_of_noc_flag_bearers_for_opening_ceremony/MainPar/0/text_files/file0/RP%20-%20NOC%20Flag%20Bearers.pdf

A third of the flag were beared by girls. It looks to be a higher ratio than at the Olympics !

Edited by memorabilia

And they play a synthesizer version of Gloria Estefan's "Reach" -- this ceremony really copies a lot from former Olympic ceremonies.

And then Tina Arena's "The Flame". And currently one of those many inofficial Beijing 2008 theme songs. What is this, the big "Top Olympic 100" playlist?

Monaco flag will be beared by the niece of Prince Albert, Pauline Ducruet, the daughter of Princess Stephanie

Her great grand father (the father of Princess Grace) was an Olympic champion in Rowing. And we all knew about the career of her uncle in Bobsleigh...

So Olympic family tradition !!!!

Edited by memorabilia