Webcast of YOG Opening Ceremony

That's good news.

I looked for the time of the ceremony ... but did not find it on the official website !!!

Who could confirm the time of this ceremony ???

Thanks

It starts at 8.10 pm SGP which is plus 8 hours GMT this sat.

If you are on the pacific west coast it will be around 4am? Anywhere east of that - it would be on at least at an earthly hour!

Edited by Changzhi Lee

Am i the only one that could not connect to the broadcasting website ???

I just arrived in Russia, and it doesnt work !!!! Is there some russian friends here, that could tell me where i could see it !!!!

After trying and trying.... i am finally on the website.... but very very slow... and impossible to get the live feed !

I am finally in !!!

but still slow with freezing video sometine !

And would love to get it wihtout comments....

Edited by memorabilia

Dammit... Always the same issues with those webcasts for events of (apparently) high public interest. Why is it still impossible in the year 2010 to provide sufficient server capacity to handle such high amounts of traffic? Thank you, IOC (or organising committee) for thereby excluding the many countries in the world whose TV stations don't broadcast the ceremony (or anything else from the YOG).

The picture not only freezes every couple of seconds, but after three minutes (or so) you even get completely kicked out of the webcast. Big, big, big failure!

Same here (regarding the fact that every 3 minutes, i should restart the feed) !

Edited by memorabilia

Heh, not even the web-broadcasting is good <_< way to go. I'm having serious problems watching this (not telling i couldnt even watch anything)

I'll try finding somewhere else to watch the ceremony. If i manage to, i'll post the link here

The funny thing is: Whenever a song is performed (first the Singapore anthem, then that piano player's song), the webcast works fluidly for me. But whenever there are other performances, with more movement and camera cuts, the picture starts to freeze again. So I hope there are many more songs to come.

Much better than expected so far, I've been watching since the big flash dance at the beginning....but it really lacks originality, seems like these are all ideas from previous Olmypic ceremonies.

The show also looks quite expensive, at least from a Canadian $ view point.