• Bangkok 2008
    • Cairo 2008
    • Havana 2008/2012
    • Kuala Lumpar 2008
    • Leipzig 2012
    • Baku 2016
    • Prague 2016
    • Doha 2016

Another semi-redundant poll (prompted by some interest in another thread in Cairo's 2008 bid). What is your choice for the least successful (a.k.a. hopeless dud with no chance) bid since the race for 2000? I've aimed at selecting bids that failed to get on the short list since 1997, whilst the three Sydney 2000 bids were all announced and preliminary candidacy documents were at least produced (and in the case of Milan and Brasilia lodged with the IOC).

It was a toss-up for me between Baku and Doha. Evenually went w/ Doha. At least Baku seems to have a milder summer than Doha which would cheat by air-conditioning everything in the desired July-Sept months. Otherwise, ANOTHER special dispensation AGAIN would have to be made for them. Y r they always asking for 'exceptions'?

It was a toss-up for me between Baku and Doha. Evenually went w/ Doha. At least Baku seems to have a milder summer than Doha which would cheat by air-conditioning everything in the desired July-Sept months. Otherwise, ANOTHER special dispensation AGAIN would have to be made for them. Y r they always asking for 'exceptions'?

Are the IOC preferred dates July through September or June through September? I thought I read June through September?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived