So, how many actual IOC'ers look & lurk in here?

So, since this board has been around (like what? a decade or so, now?), and we've had our share of scintillating Olympic-related diss-cussions...and we know we have actually had stirrings or messages from Mt. Olympus, err...rather Chateau d'Vidy, Lausanne, from our fearless well-placed members here...how many IOC'ers actually look, lurk, commune with the masses here?

Jacques? Gilbert? Albert? Gospar? Sepp? Nora? Nawal? Mario? Anne? Sergei? Ottavio? Monique? Said? Francisco? Ricardo? Anita?

Come out...come out...wherever you are. We aren't going to bite!! We may crucify you but we will never bite!! ;):D:D

I suppose the the IOC is very interested in observing the "public opinion" about Olympic issues and I believe that our forum "gives" in a way an impression of an international public opinion - therewith I am quite sure that the IOC members/workers of the public relation department browse our forum regularly...

Puppy and Jeremie (before he moved inside the tent) always said we did have watchers in the IOC.

They must shake their heads at some of the stuff here.

But more interestingly - and again, no names no pack-drill - does anyone know if anyone in the hallowed ranks has ever actually posted here?

But more interestingly - and again, no names no pack-drill - does anyone know if anyone in the hallowed ranks has ever actually posted here?

I think that the "risk" is too high for them - I suppose such hallowed ranks go to their personal PR-manager in the IOC and say: "Go to GB (they use the abbrevation since everybody in the IOC knows that GB stands for GamesBids) and comment on this matter!"

By the way I am quite sure that "Maryjane" (this member, who appear during the Beijing Torch Relay here on GB and stayed until the end of Beijing 2008) was one of the Chinese Propaganda Department

Yeah - I wonder which threads/discussions they follow - I doubt that they read the Off-topic discussion often, but I believe they peer the threads about the current bid threads, future bid threads, future Games (london 2012, sochi 2014 and Rio 2016) threads, general olympic threads and the international sports thread...

Yeah - I wonder which threads/discussions they follow - I doubt that they read the Off-topic discussion often, but I believe they peer the threads about the current bid threads, future bid threads, future Games (london 2012, sochi 2014 and Rio 2016) threads, general olympic threads and the international sports thread...

It's probably Jacques who posts most of the negative rep points!

And Nawal obviously has it in for the Baron!

I am sure that "J.R." look & lurks here, too - he mentioned in an interview recently, that the first "real" Olympic Games were not held before Stockholm 1912, when he was asked about that the first YOG in Singapore might not convince everybody

I suppose he had read our "Most pivotal Summer Olympics" thread by eusebius

Michele can't be Nawal because I am. ;)

This is the most hilarious thread I've seen in a long time. Thanks for the comic relief, Baron.

Of course no IOCers will actually stand up and be counted. Sometimes I wonder if we're just flattering ourselves to think that they look at any of this stuff. On the off chance that they do, it makes me think we all better choose our words carefully and avoid making idiots out of ourselves. There are a few GB members (who shall remain nameless) whose posts probably did more harm than good to their respective bids.....

Michele can't be Nawal because I am. ;)

This is the most hilarious thread I've seen in a long time. Thanks for the comic relief, Baron.

Of course no IOCers will actually stand up and be counted. Sometimes I wonder if we're just flattering ourselves to think that they look at any of this stuff. On the off chance that they do, it makes me think we all better choose our words carefully and avoid making idiots out of ourselves. There are a few GB members (who shall remain nameless) whose posts probably did more harm than good to their respective bids.....

Sorry Athens, I often misspoke during the campaign. I have now posted Al Cappone as my avatar to hopefully alleviate any future misconceptions about Chicago... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived