Russia investigates 12 cases of Olympics corruption

:rolleyes:

Russia investigates 12 cases of Olympics corruption

AFP: Thursday, July 29, 2010

Russian investigators are probing 12 cases of corruption at the Vancouver Olympics after a report exposed lavish spending by sports officials, the head of the federal audit chamber said Thursday.

"We are talking about a number of contracts and improper use of funds, allocated to train elite sportsmen," Sergei Stepashin told the Interfax news agency.

The investigative committee of Russia's prosecutor general's office "has launched criminal probes into 12 episodes," Stepashin said, without elaborating... [b](continued)[/b]

Full article: Global BC: Russia investigates 12 cases of Olympics corruption

:rolleyes:

Interesting article...question is whether similar practices were or are entrenched when it came to securing Sochi's bid? And would these issues have been investigated if the Russian team had performed far more successfully in Vancouver than they did?

One thing that mystifies me though...how come the Russian Olympic bigwigs think their 2008 Eurovision champ had any value at the 2010 OWGs? Is Canada thinking of launching a bid for Eurovision 2011 :P ?

Can't wait to see how much drugs they'll pump into their athletes for 2014!

Haha, The first thing that popped into my head when I read your post was that one scene in the Val Kilmer movie Top Secret; that scene with the East German women's Olympic team all pumped up on 'roids. :lol: