Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mau2010

Copa America: Argentina 2011

I forgot to say this before...Julio Grondona is a cancer for argentinan football. His corrupt ways (Blatter is a saint compared to him) have caused so much trouble to the AFA. How come people haven't kicked him out yet?

I forgot to say this before...Julio Grondona is a cancer for argentinan football. His corrupt ways (Blatter is a saint compared to him) have caused so much trouble to the AFA. How come people haven't kicked him out yet?

It's cycle of corruption (AFA-clubs), like FIFA (FIFA and continental and club federations).

If one is ruled out, all the system breaks, so all of them work together to keep the cycle running, even with media and public against them.

Thanks Roltel! :D

Batista said he will continue in the national team. SHAME! He shouldn't have even appeared after the match... he should have made a DelaRúa-zo, take an helicopter and run away. Also Grondona...

What are the Argentinean people waiting to kick out all this corrupts from the football? Argentina can't be lower than now: first RiBer and now the national team.

Brazil - Chile in the semis?

I hope not... nothing against Brazil, but you have kicked out in every tournament (WC 1962, 1998, 2010 to name a few) so I prefer Paraguay as a semifinalist :P

This La Plata stadium is really beautifull.

Small but very classy!

Brazil-Paraguay in extra time...

Brazil is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys superior to Paraguay, but they have an AMAZING goalkeeper... Impressive how Villar saved Paraguay so many times!!!

At least 7 real chances for Brazil and the game is still 0-0!

Penalty shootouts...

Emotion til the end!!! smile.gif

Wow...to fail 4 penalties in a row. These guys are going to get reaaaaaly ostracized when they arrive home.

Sorry Brazil. Better luck next time.

I hope this event (of losing 4 penalties in row) be enough to fire this idiot called Mano Menezes.

How can a coach choose so badly the penalty shooters? C'mon!!!

And this shows how soccer can be unfair. Brazil was much better than Paraguay all the match...

But that's OK, congrats to Paraguay!

Now, Neymar is back to Santos and will be time to focus on World Cup of Club in december. Santos is on!!!cool.gif

*crosses my fingers* I hope we can make history tonight...

Wow! Paraguay!

Where's Estuardo (from our WC 2010 sweep)? He must sure be celebrating now!

First half has ended. Venezuela 1 - Chile 0

I'm not singing victory, though. Our team still needs to preserve this result in the second half.

*keeps crossing my fingers*

Blimey you have a good memory!!!

I thought Estuardo - and his big cigar - was one of the highlights of following the WC here on GB.

Minute 67 . Chile is playing so aggresive. For a moment i tought Netherlands was playing <_<

Not even a stupid referee could bring us down! WE'RE ON SEMIFINALS!! :D:D

My comiserations for Chile. You played very good as well, good luck next time.

I'm so happy right now. The "Burgundy" (Venezuela nickname) have no excuses anymore to reach the finals. It´s a gold chance to make history.

Who could imagine that few years ago.

Spain - World Champions

Japan - Female World Champions

Qatar hosting the World Cup

Venezuela beating Chile and playing the semi-final of a Copa America with Peru

Brazil and Argentina eliminated in Copa America's quarterfinals with bad campaigns

An African team playing the final match of Clubs World Cup!!!

Football is changing!!! cool.gif

Sorry, Venezuela vs. Paraguay.

But we can have Venezuela vs. Peru in the final match!!!

I'm so sad at this moment... I can't even talk.

First, congratulations to Venezuela. They did what they had to do for qualifying.

We had finally all the things perfect to become finally champions and we lost it in the most stupid way.

I can't believe Borghi is such a mediocre coach when he has probably the best generation of football players in the history and were playing as "home" team in San Juan.

We didn't have a team in the first half... it was terrible. Jimenez is NOT a 10! Jimenez shouldn't be on the team in the rest of his life. Suazo is not playing... Suazo can't score... he has that lucky good shot in the Chilean goal, but the rest was awful. Sánchez can't play good unless Valdivia is on (for sure, the best player of the team) but we can't depend on a player that only can be 30 minutes in the pitch.

I remember a graffitti: "Harold, Marcelo... time will prove you were right".

[about Harold Mayne-Nichols, former President of the Chilean Association, and Marcelo Bielsa, former coach].

Now, President Piñera should be afraid. After weeks of protests, losing in the Copa América should be the final blow to his government.

I'm betting on the underdogs today.

dropped 45 bucks on venezuela and paraguay each.

this guy knows football.

this guy knows football.

how much did you win? at least, someone happy...