Team outfits for 2012

Well, there you go:

Ralph Lauren Pledges American-Made Olympic Uniforms for 2014

By ERIC WILSON

After complaints that the uniforms to be worn by American athletes to the opening ceremonies of the London Olympics this month were being produced in China, the Ralph Lauren company, the long-term sponsor of those uniforms, announced Friday night that it would begin making them in the United States beginning with the 2014 Olympics.

The Ralph Lauren company, which took over the license for the opening and closing ceremonies in 2008, found itself under intense pressure this week after an ABC News report that gave broad exposure to the fact that those uniforms were being produced in China, even though they have been produced overseas or in Canada for more than a decade with little objection. But complaints on Thursday about the uniforms by several members of Congress, including a call by Senator Harry Reid, the Democratic majority leader, to “put them in a big pile and burn them,” led the company to re-evaluate its position after it found itself under an unflattering media spotlight.

Announcing the change, the Ralph Lauren company released the following statement on Friday night:

“For more than 45 years, Ralph Lauren has built a brand that embodies the best of American quality and design rooted in the rich heritage of our country. We are honored to continue our longstanding relationship with the United States Olympic Committee in the 2014 Olympic Games by serving as an official outfitter of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic teams. Ralph Lauren promises to lead the conversation within our industry and our government to address the issue to increase manufacturing in the United States. We have committed to producing the opening and closing ceremony Team USA uniforms in the United States that will be worn for the 2014 Olympic Games.”

http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/13/ralph-lauren-says-it-will-make-2014-olympic-uniforms-in-u-s/

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/\/\ Well, the number of the Winter team's outfits are like what, 2/5ths the size of the Summer one, so of course, it will be cheaper for Ralph Lauren than to outfit the Summer team with uniforms made in the USA.

After that, I think Lauren will have to look very closely if it's worth their investment. After all, it is a business.

and the team outfits for the greek team ... or part of it ... blue sport outfits ... and for the casual beige and grey-blue... bad photo but its the only one I could find ...

256f1d28767893094218dbbe12498f63_XL.jpg

ahh here another one...

898975.jpg

Spanish athlete Ángel David Rodríguez has published a photo of the new Spanish uniforms. I think this is the "casual" outfit.

1342297547727.jpg

http://www.rtve.es/d...12/546660.shtml

That is horrific. Poor Spaniards. Literally and figuratively.

Greece could've gone naked. It would've been both cost-effective and historically accurate.

china's is cute. i'd wear that - can i buy that?

germany's looks like every italian tourist i've ever seen.

if someone presented australia's on project runway it'd take michael koors about three seconds to run through his favorite adjectives: boxy, dowdy, frumpy, and something goldie hawn would have passed on for troop beverly hills.

china's is cute. i'd wear that - can i buy that?

germany's looks like every italian tourist i've ever seen.

if someone presented australia's on project runway it'd take michael koors about three seconds to run through his favorite adjectives: boxy, dowdy, frumpy, and something goldie hawn would have passed on for troop beverly hills.

LOL. Italians generally have great fashion taste, but those bubble jackets they wear are so ugly!

Let's play a game. Match the team outfit with an appropriate Kors Metahpor.

My pick:

1342297547727.jpg

tumblr_m1gx0jLr1e1r6ixf4o1_r1_500.jpg

ONZ.jpg

Is it just me, or does the guy second-from-left look like Rolf Harris?

Pity this one's not an "official" Oz team uniform:

image.jpg

Australia's Ben Harradine competes in the discus competition at the 2012 Diamond League athletics meet in London wearing possibly the worst track uniform in the history of sports.

Pity this one's not an "official" Oz team uniform:

image.jpg

Australia's Ben Harradine competes in the discus competition at the 2012 Diamond League athletics meet in London wearing possibly the worst track uniform in the history of sports.

That's truly disgusting.

Vote for your favourite:

http://olympics.time...reigns-supreme/

oly_uniforms3.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1

I really like Jamaics to be honest but as an Aussie i really really don't like those clothes, plain and ugly. China's is cool but seems bright hope it looks good though maybe just my eyes

Lol right now this is voting for that haha @ australia

Germany 14.24% (632 votes)

China 3.52% (156 votes)

New Zealand 2.84% (126 votes)

U.S.A. 16.34% (725 votes)

Jamaica 61.17% (2,714 votes)

Australia 1.89% (84 votes)

Total Votes: 4,437

Archived