This from the Telegraph:

The ceremonial uniforms of Team GB – designed by Stella McCartney – will be a closely guarded secret to create a late-night surprise at the opening ceremony on July 27.

Has she designed them, that makes me feel better, I know Next are producing them

• Like 1
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what the Dutch team will wear during the opening ceremony. All athletes have other suits that day. They don't want uniformal clothes this time. http://shoppen.blog.nl/files/2012/07/suitsuppl

Some people are miserable. Some people love to complain, its a national pastime in this great country of ours. I like these, Im allowed to say that on here, well thought I was. Why has everything go

Team Japan send off for the London 2012 Olympics

This from the Telegraph:

The ceremonial uniforms of Team GB – designed by Stella McCartney – will be a closely guarded secret to create a late-night surprise at the opening ceremony on July 27.

Has she designed them, that makes me feel better, I know Next are producing them

me too - lol! next have done a good job on the officials' uniforms - but was hoping that stella would do the opening ceremony ones!

Australia went casual for the last three Summer Olympic OCs. So with a nod to the formality and Australia's connection to the UK, the AOC decided to go more formal for London. Last time they went direction that was Atlanta 1996 with equestrianer Andrew Hoy leading the way with the flag. Kinda reminds me of what the Australians wore back in Moscow 1980, minus the yellow vertical stripes. Not counting similar wear for the 2006 Commonwealth Games as hosts more as an honor of the first time Australian cricket and rugby teams played internationally.

This is what has been unveiled of the Spanish outfits:

59057-642-463.jpg

Not much has been said about them. They have been designed by the Russian company Bosco Sport. It appears the two mannequins on the sides are wearing the ceremony uniforms, while the one in the middle is the podium outfit.

In general, people don't like them much here in Spain. It's argued that these outfits do not symbolize Spain at all and that its designer should have been Spanish. Several design organizations claim that these uniforms are embarrassing for the Spanish fashion industry.

In my opinion, the men's ceremony uniform is ok, not brilliant but nice. The women's uniform looks a bit dated, but well, passable. However, the podium outfit is ... not so passable. The colours are more Chinese than Spanish, the pattern (as happens with the women's skirt) makes it look too Russian (what the h... is that triangle on the chest?), there's a strange line with a scribble on the leg, and then the cap and the bag do not seem to follow the same design :unsure:

Oh, wait! The line and the scribble are also on the arm... I wonder what they are...

59057-642-463.jpg

Not much has been said about them. They have been designed by the Russian company Bosco Sport. It appears the two mannequins on the sides are wearing the ceremony uniforms, while the one in the middle is the podium outfit.

In general, people don't like them much here in Spain. It's argued that these outfits do not symbolize Spain at all and that its designer should have been Spanish. Several design organizations claim that these uniforms are embarrassing for the Spanish fashion industry.

In my opinion, the men's ceremony uniform is ok, not brilliant but nice. The women's uniform looks a bit dated, but well, passable. However, the podium outfit is ... not so passable. The colours are more Chinese than Spanish, the pattern (as happens with the women's skirt) makes it look too Russian (what the h... is that triangle on the chest?), there's a strange line with a scribble on the leg, and then the cap and the bag do not seem to follow the same design :unsure:

Oh, wait! The line and the scribble are also on the arm... I wonder what they are...

Am sad to say that this is rank! & looks more Russian than Spanish!

I hope they listen to criticism and change them. As I said, I can accept the men's ceremony uniform, it looks cheap and unprofessional (like all of them) and should be way better, but it's more or less passable. As for the other two, they should remove the neckerchief and at least change the pattern of the skirt from the women's uniform; but the one in the middle needs a complete redesign! There's nothing I like on it, and it's not only designers but also several athletes who will be in London that have let it drop that wearing this is going to be embarrassing.

Mmh,... indeed, they look kinda strange... and strange why they choose a russian company to design the outfits :-/

I tried to find something about the greek outfits but it seems that there are no official outfits there until now ...

59057-642-463.jpg

At first I thought China. Then Russia. I never would have guessed Spain. Weird.

Sorry but I don't like the spanish outfits. The pattern of the podium outfit shirt looks too russian, it's like Bosco just copy-pasted on this design. I agree that a spanish designer should had been choosen instead.

Australia's ceremony uniforms

471449-20120503uniform3.jpg

http://www.perthnow....u-1226345463706

Now take a step back and it would be perfect, THATS what i think about those god awful uniforms.

59057-642-463.jpg

]

Were they set on fire? Because that is WAYYYYY too red

Not really a fan of the Spanish outfits at all. The Bosco shop is open in Westfield and Im not a fan of the Russian outfits either. I dont think those dummies are helping the Spanish outfits though

Still dreaming of the day Lacoste designs Opening Ceremony uniforms for a team. Young, sporty, and fresh but with a nod to tradition and sportswear heritage.

Like just imagine Finland walking into an Olympic Stadium looking like this. I'd root for them for all the two weeks!

Sigh, most of these real uniforms are rather bland.

Giorgio Armani includes the words of the Italian national anthem on the team’s Olympic kit

Italy%20London%202012.JPEG-0be4d.jpg

Giorgio Armani has included the words of the Italian national anthem on the team’s Olympic kit unveiled on Thursday.

Each athlete will be given a set of Armani luggage containing the 50-piece, dark blue and white kit, designed by Armani.

The words to the entire anthem are on the inside of the jackets and sweatshirts, level with the heart, while the polo shirts have the words to the beginning of the song under the collar.

Armani says he has incorporated the anthem into the design because “Sport is the most patriotic thing that there is and it inspires national pride.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/giorgio-armani-includes-the-words-of-the-italian-national-anthem-on-the-teams-olympic-kit/2012/05/10/gIQA6T55FU_story.html

Giorgio Armani has included the words of the Italian national anthem on the team’s Olympic kit unveiled on Thursday.

Nice, I like the words to the Italian National Anthem!

Dum dum-de daa, Dum dum-de daa, Dum dum-de daa, Dum dum-de daa!

Lithuania's London Olympic gear unvieled and made by Lithuanian sports apparel company Audimas last week.

http://tv.lrytas.lt/?id=13360443741333814189

http://m.delfi.lt/sp...php?id=58639515

This second video from the news story is notable because of the dancers rocking the gear at the presentation.

Go ahead and buy some! :)

http://www.e-audimas.lt/

Thank god they're going to change the spanish outfits according to the russian firm "Bosco Sport". Although, I still would rather a Spanish firm designed the uniforms, they could use the help especially with the economic crisis.

http://elpais.com/el...865_788452.html (article in spanish)

great!!!

it looked quite "old fashioned"...

Thank god they're going to change the spanish outfits according to the russian firm "Bosco Sport". Although, I still would rather a Spanish firm designed the uniforms, they could use the help especially with the economic crisis.

http://elpais.com/el...865_788452.html (article in spanish)

The company even says that the uniforms shown in the picture are "not even remotely close" to the actual look of the uniforms. The actual uniforms shall be presented at the end of this month.