Team outfits for 2012

I know its early to start this topic but heres some cool news

Sir Paul McCartney’s top fashion designer daughter Stella will design Britain's kit for the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics, Adidas revealed today. As well as the teams kit she will be doing a range for the fans too to cheers on Team GB.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10047:stella-mccartney-to-design-british-kit-for-london-2012&catid=84:london-2012-news&Itemid=89

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its early to start this topic but heres some cool news

Sir Paul McCartney’s top fashion designer daughter Stella will design Britain's kit for the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics, Adidas revealed today. As well as the teams kit she will be doing a range for the fans too to cheers on Team GB.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10047:stella-mccartney-to-design-british-kit-for-london-2012&catid=84:london-2012-news&Itemid=89

That is good news,

I cant imagin she will use the logo.

AAh I found this too:

While she won't be responsible for competition kit, Team GB officials expect her to design the uniforms for the opening and closing ceremonies. Another outfit may also be designed for any athlete involved in podium presentations.

AAh I found this too:

While she won't be responsible for competition kit, Team GB officials expect her to design the uniforms for the opening and closing ceremonies. Another outfit may also be designed for any athlete involved in podium presentations.

i think it is great news and hope she is also used for the medal ceremony hostess uniforms and not Next (as i think Locog have signed them for this and other staff uniforms - remember the horror of Manchester when ASDA did the uniforms - they all looked like something out of a harvester restaurant)?

btw - nice sig davey!!

Those commonwealth games shellsuits were awful but I remember them going for silly money on ebay after the games were over. I agree I hope Next dont do too much of the uniforms. I got a mate at Next so I will get some gossip

Those commonwealth games shellsuits were awful but I remember them going for silly money on ebay after the games were over. I agree I hope Next dont do too much of the uniforms. I got a mate at Next so I will get some gossip

oh yes those were the volunteer uniforms but the medal presentation uniforms were even worse - will try and did up a photo!

• 1 year later...

The ubiquitos overwhelming negative feedback to anything Olympics-related has surfaced once again, some of the comments on the Team GB Facebook page border on incitement to hatred.

As proved on The Apprentice last night, people will buy any old tat with a Union Flag on it, but dare to actually do something contemporary with said flag and the Twitterati backlash begins.

Part of the brief was to give these a push away from her existing Team GB range in shops, and to give this a unique contemporary identity that as Chris Hoy said 'should look cool'. And these do.

The ubiquitos overwhelming negative feedback to anything Olympics-related has surfaced once again, some of the comments on the Team GB Facebook page border on incitement to hatred.

As proved on The Apprentice last night, people will buy any old tat with a Union Flag on it, but dare to actually do something contemporary with said flag and the Twitterati backlash begins.

Part of the brief was to give these a push away from her existing Team GB range in shops, and to give this a unique contemporary identity that as Chris Hoy said 'should look cool'. And these do.

Why should it concern you what people's opinions of these items are? Who made you the authority to dictate what people should think and feel about these things?

Some will like them, some will dislike them. That's life.

Just as you're slurring people for not liking these items, you yet again demonstrate your 'ubiquitous' love-fest for all things London 2012. Why's it fine for you to like things but not allright for people to express their dislike for things?

Some folks are just plain miserable and would complain about anything. These actually rock. Plain and simple.

These are the people that count and this is what they think of them

Team GB BMX rider Shanaze Reade told the BBC when athletes "pulled the kits out of the packets we just thought 'Wow!'"

"Not one person has complained about it."

She said putting on the kit for the first time enhanced the feeling that the Games were "on the doorstep now - it's a nice experience to feel."

Olympic gold medal-winning cyclist Chris Hoy, who had been working with the designers on the kit, said he was delighted with the outcome and suspected other nations would be envious of their look.

From the BBC

Some folks are just plain miserable and would complain about anything. These actually rock. Plain and simple.

And some folks will conflate their own sense of self with all things London 2012 thus simply cannot accept people have differing opinions on things pertaining to subjectivity.

It's not a fact that these 'rock'. That's your opinion.

And it doesn't make one miserable to dislike something any more than it make someone 'over-zealous' to declare their like for that same thing. Plain and simple.

Some people are miserable. Some people love to complain, its a national pastime in this great country of ours.

I like these, Im allowed to say that on here, well thought I was.

Why has everything gotta be an arguement on here. I dont want an arguement.....again. I just posted some images of a launch and I like them. Im posting coments that I like them, Im not argueing about it, I just like them.

Some people are miserable. Some people love to complain, its a national pastime in this great country of ours.

I like these, Im allowed to say that on here, well thought I was.

Why has everything gotta be an arguement on here. I dont want an arguement.....again. I just posted some images of a launch and I like them. Im posting coments that I like them, Im not argueing about it, I just like them.

Thing is, the people who dislike them aren't slurring you for that. The only people mouthing off are people like yourself who are annoyed that some sections of British society, God forbid, express their opinions and actually, ahem, don't like something as subjective as fashion.

No-one was arguing until Darjole and yourself decided you had the right to slur people for not liking something. That's pure arrogance. Whether someone likes these of not has no bearing on your life.And you arguing -- you keep saying 'nation of moaners' etc. You clearly have issues with people saying they dislike them. Your won words Davey illustrate that.

For the record though, I haven't actually given an opinion on them. But it is tedious that the pro London 2012 cheerleaders get their y-fronts into a twist whenever people express their own views on something which doesn't arse lick London 2012.

It's a respectable design and certainly more contemporary than the previous ones. There's a strong street wear influence that makes the designs more wearable in an everyday context.

That said, I don't think the look will read particularly well from a distance. Other countries, especially the US, feature predominantly navy blue uniforms and I don't see this design popping on the competitive field.

I would have liked to see a more red in the deconstructed Union Jack geometry. It still would've been hip, but would've popped better from a distance and appeared a bit cleaner.

It's also worth noting that many athletes have to wear numbers on their chests -- where the majority of the geometric design is located. Once the number is on, the design will be considerably less distinctive.

Archived