Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gotosy

Uruguay v Ghana

I cant help but feel bad for Ghana :( but hey, after missing that penalty on extra time, i already knew this was inevitable.

Congratulations to Uruguay (after so many years you're back on the spotlight) but be careful of Netherlands. You'll need to play better than that :P

I wonder how brazilians will react now that their former nemesis is on semis :lol:

What he did was completely understandable

I would have preferred Ghana to succeed, however, any player from any team would have had to do the same thing - it was their only hope of survival.

He was a bit of a diver though, I agree.

I hope Netherlands win the semi. I don't really want to see Suarez in this world cup again - not just for his handball tonight but also for his diving in previous matches. What he did was completely understandable and a lot of pros would do the same in the same situation (he kept them in the tournament and will be a hero in his home country for doing so), but it leaves a bit of a bad taste.

I don't feel too sorry for Ghana though. Make no mistake, this wasn't another "Hand of God" moment, despite the commentator comparing it to the travesty in '86. The referee saw this and Ghana had a chance to win the match and make sure justice was done. They didn't take it and ended up losing.

Sad to see Ghana go out. They showed a lot of spirit and are a strong side.

He'll get another game no mater what, tough. 3rd place playoff, anyone?