Uruguay v Ghana

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could turn out rather badly for Ghana -- how demoralising must it be to miss a penalty shortly before a penalty shoot-out? Additionally, Uruguay's keeper has the reputation of being a "penalty killer" (according to the German commentator).

Shiiiiiiiiiii*iiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

Oh no, no, no! This is really, really undeserved.

The crisis of African football culminates in this very tragic result -- once more, an African team misses to reach at least the World Cup semifinal.

Lucky Uruguay! Congratulations! Ghana had the victory with that penalty kick they missed with only a few seconds left to the end of the extra time. I can't imagine how the one who kicked it must feel now...

Doesn't one say in English... -- excuse me, in Paraguayan Spanish "it smells like..." when something is very likely to happen?

Oh! Yes we do - not sure about in England though - I'm still trying to learn it! wink.gif

I hope Netherlands win the semi. I don't really want to see Suarez in this world cup again - not just for his handball tonight but also for his diving in previous matches. What he did was completely understandable and a lot of pros would do the same in the same situation (he kept them in the tournament and will be a hero in his home country for doing so), but it leaves a bit of a bad taste.

I don't feel too sorry for Ghana though. Make no mistake, this wasn't another "Hand of God" moment, despite the commentator comparing it to the travesty in '86. The referee saw this and Ghana had a chance to win the match and make sure justice was done. They didn't take it and ended up losing.

Sad to see Ghana go out. They showed a lot of spirit and are a strong side.

Archived