Uruguay v Ghana

(Reuters) - Ghana team for Friday's World Cup quarter-final match against Uruguay at Soccer City.

Ghana: 22-Richard Kingson; 4-John Pantsil, 5-John Mensah, 15-Isaac Vorsah, 2-Hans Sarpei; 6-Anthony Annan, 23-Kevin-Prince Boateng, 7-Samuel Inkoom, 11-Sulley Muntari; 21-Kwadwo Asamoah, 3-Asamoah Gyan.

Reuters

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I want Ghana to win, but I'm not sure :P

I don't want all South American teams suddenly out, but Brazil is out, if Ghana wins Uruguay is out, I don't want Argentina to win, and a Paraguayan victory seems really unlikely...

Oh, man! Could Argentina be the only South American team in semifinals? Why Argentina? Any other would be better. Maradona does not deserve more victories :angry:

On the other hand, I'd be happy if Ghana finally won. Go, Ghana!!!

Go Uruguay! I don't want a World Cup without South Americans after being the best teams until today.

But I don't want you to win the WC... xD

Agree completely - support South America but don't want Uruguay to win - the wrong 'guay!

Nothing you could say can tear me away from my 'guay. My 'guay.

Nothing you could do 'cause I'm stuck like glue to my 'guay, my 'guay, my 'guay.

We may not be a football star. But compare us to Bolivia - We Are!

There's not a country today that could tear me away from my 'guay!

cool.gif

Agree completely - support South America but don't want Uruguay to win - the wrong 'guay!

Nothing you could say can tear me away from my 'guay. My 'guay.

Nothing you could do 'cause I'm stuck like glue to my 'guay, my 'guay, my 'guay.

We may not be a football star. But compare us to Bolivia - We Are!

There's not a country today that could tear me away from my 'guay!

cool.gif

Did you know that in Spain's Spanish the word "guay" means "cool"/"groovy"? However, I think it does not exist in South America...

Did you know that in Spain's Spanish the word "guay" means "cool"/"groovy"? However, I think it does not exist in South America...

And I forgot. There is an expression related to this: "Ser guay del Paraguay" = literally "To be cool from Paraguay", which applies to someone or something very cool. But again, it's only used in Spain.

And regarding the match, Ghana won its last match in the extra time too. Let's see what happens here...

Archived