Netherlands vs Brazil

Not really. Argentina won it in 1986 in Mexico, & Mexico is in North America.

For me and also the argentinians don't, since they, like half world, thinks North America is not a separate continent.

But for FIFA, yes. Argentina won an World Cup outside its confederation.

Let's not start this discussion again.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What discussion? I was just stating a fact.

And if the South Americans don't consider North America a 'seperate' continent, then why did Rio play that card so intensely during the 2016 Olympic bid campaign then.

Sounds like trying to have one's cake & it too. Can't have it both ways.

And if the South Americans don't consider North America a 'seperate' continent, then why did Rio play that card so intensely during the 2016 Olympic bid campaign then.

Sounds like trying to have one's cake & it too. Can't have it both ways.

1 - Not only South Americans don't considers North America as a separated continent.

2 - Because South America (even being a subcontinent or a continent - this really doesn't matter) never hosted before... As never the Middle East, the Central America, the Western Asia, the Subsaarian Africa... (they will play this card in the future, be sure).

3 - Who told we can not say South America never host and consider the America only one continent?

Brazil consider America one continent, but the Brazilian Constitution say Brazil must seek the South America integration... And now what?

It will be always like this.

PS: I'd like to say that, in my vision, North America and South America should be considered separated continents. But for this, IMHO, some names should be changed...

I think this will never happen, and the polemic will survive 'til the tecnotic plate really separate both masses of land. smile.gif

Certainly South America is a much bigger case (like going to Africa) than Central America & the Middle East, since the first 2 are continents & the last 2 are just regions. Otherwise, Rio's case wouldn't have been so effective. And some consider Mexico to be part of "Central America", so one could say that region has hosted already.

But anyway, for the sake of further "discussion"; I'll meet you half way & say that Mexico & Argentina are both in the same 'geopolitical' continent of "Latin America", so that way that would leave only Brazil, for the time being, as the sole 'multiple continent' World Cup winner. ;)

But anyway, for the sake of further "discussion"; I'll meet you half way & say that Mexico & Argentina are both in the same 'geopolitical' continent of "Latin America", so that way that would leave only Brazil, for the time being, as the sole 'multiple continent' World Cup winner. ;)

Maybe that's why neither the Argentine considers they won a World Cup out of the their continent.

I think the real issue is an European winning outside Europe and a South American winning in Europe... These are a really great deals when we talk about World Cup.smile.gif

Why was there so much orange at the Cocacabana celebration site durring the Brazil/Netherlands game?

Too warm... People was drinking Orange Juice biggrin.gif

Are there other continents when we talk about football? :huh:

Hmmmm, not really... smile.gif

You know what ? Unlike the majority of people and media, I don´t think that Dunga made a bad job at all with the Seleçao.

We lost the World Cup, of course that was a BIG dissapointment... but he kept the 1st place on Fifa rankings, won Copa America, Confederations Cup, finish 1st in WC qualifiers... and all that without being a coach at all.

People forget that Dunga only accepted to manage the team because at the time there were no one interested and the few that recieve indications declined . He came only to "cover the hole", as we say here in Brazil, with NO experience as a coach. And he also had to deal with the BIG pressure that is to manage a 5-time world champion team.

In the end, Brazil was eliminated for the same reason that Argentina was: they didn´t have a experienced coach. Considering this, I think that what he achieved is quite good. Not excellent, but good.

You know what ? Unlike the majority of people and media, I don´t think that Dunga made a bad job at all with the Seleçao.

We lost the World Cup, of course that was a BIG dissapointment... but he kept the 1st place on Fifa rankings, won Copa America, Confederations Cup, finish 1st in WC qualifiers... and all that without being a coach at all.

People forget that Dunga only accepted to manage the team because at the time there were no one interested and the few that recieve indications declined . He came only to "cover the hole", as we say here in Brazil, with NO experience as a coach. And he also had to deal with the BIG pressure that is to manage a 5-time world champion team.

In the end, Brazil was eliminated for the same reason that Argentina was: they didn´t have a experienced coach. Considering this, I think that what he achieved is quite good. Not excellent, but good.

I don't think Dunga job was bad too.

For a unexperienced coach, he made very well!

And if we get all of his results it was very good...

But....................................... it was not enough, since World Cup, was his major goal and he failed.

And he committed fatal mistakes. Felipe Melo was one of them. It was an announced storm. Everybody knew that he would get a red card during the World Cup. All the people media were worried about that.

Dunga insisted. And we paied the price for having him on the team.

Dunga also is a nervous man. He can not behave like he did in South Africa. With the media, during the matches... This is not a profile for a Brazilian Team coach.

In the end, I'm glad he's gone.

Good bye Dunga!

And he committed fatal mistakes.

Sure. I totally agree with you in this. His behaviour with media representatives, reporters etc. was terrible.

The Felipe Melo´s case evidences all his lack of experience, what is crucial in a tough competition like the World Cup.

Sure. I totally agree with you in this. His behaviour with media representatives, reporters etc. was terrible.

The Felipe Melo´s case evidences all his lack of experience, what is crucial in a tough competition like the World Cup.

Is it the first time we agree? biggrin.gif

Archived