Netherlands vs Brazil

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh oh, we're going to have one unhappy Danny here later. mellow.gif

Yes, one day we win, other day we lose...

Brazil did not have their best team, I was hopefull, but the truth is Netherlands deserved for the entire match.

Well, WC, see you in 2014!

Yes, one day we win, other day we lose...

Brazil did not have their best team, I was hopefull, but the truth is Netherlands deserved for the entire match.

Well, WC, see you in 2014!

I think I'm more in shock that you! I am looking forward to 2014 now!

(and I hope the US will make an improved showing too)

It's the curse of the Olympic host nations methinks. :lol:

Brazil out, Russia DNQ, England out, Canada obviously DNQ, China DNQ, Italy out, Greece out, USA out, Australia out, Japan out, Norway DNQ etc.

Going by this Spain will be beaten tomorrow, mark my words.

It's was half day tongue.gif

Yes, I'm a little bit sad, but Brazil played well 'til Felipe Melo make their solo-show...

Well, football! These kind of things happens cool.gif

Well, time to move on!

I'm going back to Santos now, see you guys later!

Go Paraguay

Go Ghana

Go Uruguay

Go Germany

Go Spain

And Argentina, go to hell!!! biggrin.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

I went back to sleep (because I am under meds) after the 1st half...and my pick won!

I guess I should just sleep when the real-live game is on so that my bet wins!! :lol:

BTW, those orange shirts don't look so good vs. the green grass. I hope Los Toros de Madrid wear their navy-blue jerseys!!

Go Holland!! Go Spain!!

AM undecided on the other 2.

Brazil out, Russia DNQ, England out, Canada obviously DNQ, China DNQ, Italy out, Greece out, USA out, Australia out, Japan out, Norway DNQ etc.

Don't forget the "Confederations Cup" curse <_<

Now that's a sensation... I really didn't expect that. But I'm also quite glad about it because Brazil could have gotten two World Cup titles in a row, bearing in mind that they'll have the home field advantage in 2014 -- which would have spoiled them. And it also can't be that every second World Cup, the name of the winner is Brazil.

Congratulations to the Netherlands! But considering our traditional football rivalry, it's now the absolute duty of Team Germany to draw level with them and advance to the semifinal as well. ;) I think one can even already congratulate the Netherlands for advancing to the final -- Uruguay or Ghana will probably be not strong enough to defeat them in the semifinal. The Dutch are really lucky bast*rds, while Germany (if it qualifies for the semifinal) will probably have to defeat Spain and therefore have a much tougher way to the final.

If Germany advances to the semifinal and the final at all.

The Dutch are really lucky bast*rds,

Sure they are.

Brazil played 1st half A LOT better than Netherlands.

On the second half, there wasn´t many clear goal chances for both teams. The Dutch played a very predictable game. They were lucky with that Melo´s own goal. From this moment, Brazilians got tottally emotionally upset and lost control of the match. They lost to their own mistakes and the Dutch took the oportunity to gain control.

Nevermind. This is sport. Luck sometimes plays a hole. A single moment set the game.

On the other side, that was a real "soul rescuer" for Netherlands, since they lost to Brasil in 1994 and 1998.

Blame it on Mick Jagger´s notorious bad luck.

Every time he goes to the stadium the team he support loses.

England lost to Germany, he was there among England fans, USA lost to Ghana, he was there with Bill Clinton, and now Brazil lost to Netherlands. He was there with his brazilian son.

We should forbid Mick Jagger to attend matches in 2014

People celebrates everything in Brazil, even a loss match...

Congrats, Netherlands! Any team but Argentina being Champion, I'm happy!

That´s true. I didn´t feel people sad at all. Dissapointed yes, but not sad.

hehehehe.... let´s have another argument here, Dannyel..... i´m brazilian but now I´m really supporting Argentina. I´d be cheering for another South American title. laugh.gif

Now that's a sensation... I really didn't expect that. But I'm also quite glad about it because Brazil could have gotten two World Cup titles in a row, bearing in mind that they'll have the home field advantage in 2014 -- which would have spoiled them. And it also can't be that every second World Cup, the name of the winner is Brazil.

Congratulations to the Netherlands! But considering our traditional football rivalry, it's now the absolute duty of Team Germany to draw level with them and advance to the semifinal as well. ;) I think one can even already congratulate the Netherlands for advancing to the final -- Uruguay or Ghana will probably be not strong enough to defeat them in the semifinal. The Dutch are really lucky bast*rds, while Germany (if it qualifies for the semifinal) will probably have to defeat Spain and therefore have a much tougher way to the final.

Haha, makes up for 2002 then! :P

Haha, makes up for 2002 then! :P

I guess already 2006 made up for 2002. And Germany's final opponent in 2002 (Brazil) didn't have a very tough way to the final either. They had England as the only opponent from a classical football superpower.

I couldn't watch the match... only the last minutes with a nervous Brazilian squad so I can't judge their performance.

I'm a bit sad because the best SA team is out... and after being the best continent so far, it seems a little unfair that an European team will win (I'm assuming Argentina will be defeated by Germany and that neither Uruguay or Paraguay will be strong enough to win at the QF or SF)... on the other hand, it's always great to see Brazil losing... it's like watching that they are human and mortal beings and not supernatural players :P and watching the Brazilian players crying at the end, just after they made my boys cry past Monday, seems some kind of divine justice. :P

Anyway... Brazil will have its revenge in 2014. Or 2018. Or 2022. Or 2026.

No, no. Beginning in quarterfinals, I hope it's the curse of the future Olympic hosts:

Brazil, out >>> Rio 2016

Germany, out >>> Munich 2018 (although I preferred PyeongChang)

Spain, out >>> Madrid 2020 :lol:

This would mean the 2022 Winter Olympics would be held either in Uruguay or Ghana...

No, no. Beginning in quarterfinals, I hope it's the curse of the future Olympic hosts:

Brazil, out >>> Rio 2016

Germany, out >>> Munich 2018 (although I preferred PyeongChang)

Spain, out >>> Madrid 2020 :lol:

This would mean the 2022 Winter Olympics would be held either in Uruguay or Ghana...

A curse based on ONE observation... unless Russia was out in the last World Cup.. I don't remember, which would give you 2 observations.

I know for sure Canada wasn't in the 2002 World Cup!

Now Brazil will have to wait at least 25-35 more years to claim a World Cup title in Africa--they won it everywhere else.

If Ghana wins, only Brazil would been winner outside its continent.

Dunga hints he is done with Brazil after WCup loss

PORT ELIZABETH, South Africa — Dunga has hinted he will not stay on as coach of the Brazilian national team following the elimination to the Netherlands in the quarterfinals of the World Cup.

Dunga took over after the 2006 World Cup on a four-year contract. He has previously said that he wasn't expected to continue even if the team won the competition in South Africa.

The 46-year-old coach said Friday that "everybody knew from the start that my contract was for four years," without elaborating.

Dunga revamped the Brazilian team after the loss to France in the 2006 quarterfinals, leaving out stars like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Adriano and introducing lesser-known players known for their discipline and hard work.

AP

Dunga hints he is done with Brazil after WCup loss

PORT ELIZABETH, South Africa — Dunga has hinted he will not stay on as coach of the Brazilian national team following the elimination to the Netherlands in the quarterfinals of the World Cup.

Dunga took over after the 2006 World Cup on a four-year contract. He has previously said that he wasn't expected to continue even if the team won the competition in South Africa.

The 46-year-old coach said Friday that "everybody knew from the start that my contract was for four years," without elaborating.

Dunga revamped the Brazilian team after the loss to France in the 2006 quarterfinals, leaving out stars like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Adriano and introducing lesser-known players known for their discipline and hard work.

AP

Good Dunga! Take some vacation in the hell, S.O.B.!

As I said, Brazil did not pass Netherland. Of course I am not happy with this defeat but this moment is a very precious one. Brazil needs a complete renewal. I wont talk here about what was behind the ideology that formed this team ( Jorginho, Kaka, Robinho and Lucio trying to ptomote their religious beliefs by winning the WC. They banished catholic players because they belong to a protestant movement called Atletas de Cristo. Were they to win the Cup and a kind of protestant worship would take place in Soccer City. Have you seen Lucio's words after reading the protocolar text before the match.) Dunga presented himself as the one who would put things togheter after 2006WC fail. Then he chose Jorginho who made Dunga's mind about the team the coach should choose. Dunga is what we all know: when he makes his mind no one can change it. His bad relationship with the press demonstrates his intolerance. Some players were not to be in South Africa. There are much better players in Brazil he could have called. He was extremist during these four years of prep to the WC. Now he is history, as Kaka and cia. Felipão has given the password to the CBF: he accepts to come back, if invited.Parreira did the same. The new coach will have 4 years to choose a team without having to think about qualifying to the Cup Brazil will host. Let's wait.

Felipão has given the password to the CBF: he accepts to come back, if invited.Parreira did the same. The new coach will have 4 years to choose a team without having to think about qualifying to the Cup Brazil will host. Let's wait.

I hope felipao be the one... Parreira was a little Dunga 4 years ago, do you remember?

Archived