Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gotosy

Group A

I've just seen a replay of the penalty incident and I think an offside should have been given against Uruguay. There is a tiny flick-on which the officials missed (and so did I the first couple of times I saw it).

S.A. were unlucky to concede that one, but I can see why the officials (who don't have the benfit of replays) gave it. I certainly would have done if I were the ref.

Still, can't argue with the result.

were the colours of the brazilian jersey blue/white like the colours of Rio de Janeiro?

All white with some details small details in navy Blue.

Rio de Janeiro state colours is cyan and white.

You can see all Brazilian jerseys in history here:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/selecao-brasileira/noticia/2010/05/veja-evolucao-das-camisas-usadas-pela-selecao-brasileira-em-copas.html

I've just seen a replay of the penalty incident and I think an offside should have been given against Uruguay. There is a tiny flick-on which the officials missed (and so did I the first couple of times I saw it).

S.A. were unlucky to concede that one, but I can see why the officials (who don't have the benfit of replays) gave it. I certainly would have done if I were the ref.

Still, can't argue with the result.

Personally I feel that there was some embellishment. There was contact, for sure, but nothing to explain how hard the Uruguayan player went down.

Anyway, all South Africa can hope for now is a draw between France and Mexico...

I am sad.

Poor Mo. I feel for ya mate. (Though I was kinda cheering for Uruguay). The euphoria and agony of supporting a team can be rough, especially when its your actual country and not an adopted one.

England Algeria Friday! I'll be there blindly supporting England.

The little countries (NZ, Suisse, Uruguay) are doing a good job on the biggies!! Go Tuvalu!! Go San Marino!! Go Vatican!! :lol:

I wouldn't count Uruguay as a "little country"... Not in a football sense at least.

Kratk,

do you think that there is still an interest to reestablish a country like the "Provincias Unidas del Río de la Plata"?

No way... Uruguay may be watching Argentinean channels, celebrating Argentinean heroes and festivities (one month ago was declared holiday the 200th anniversary of the Argentinean independence) but above all, they are no-Argentinean. I guess just the same way Swiss people are not-German or not-French.

Argentineans almost always joke about Uruguay being just another province, but everyone loves Uruguay just the way they are :)

And I guess the same happens with Paraguay, right Estuardo? ;)

About country relations, there is no big issues the whole Uruguay is smaller than our biggest cities in terms of population, so they really doesn't matter for us at all.

We appreciate their meat, to visit Punta del Este and there is not much to care about Uruguay..

They seems to have respect to their "giant north neighbour" as their newspaper loves to say...

I noticed that usually Uruguay loves Brazil and there are really good friends. Maybe the only difference has been in football... I think the greatest thing of our qualification system is that playing against all the other SAm teams make us even closer... it's common for a Brazilian talk about Uruguay or Colombia, or

And wow... Uruguayan meat was amazing! I do wanna go back there, especially Punta del Este... :D

I think Chileans wants to erase any of the Rio de la Plata countries!!! Brazilians too... LOL

Hahahaha... just give me Western Patagonia back and we are okey... and Cuyo! ;)

I am sad.

Don't be. I mean... of course you will... but I think Bafana Bafana has shown more to the world that was expected.

No way... Uruguay may be watching Argentinean channels, celebrating Argentinean heroes and festivities (one month ago was declared holiday the 200th anniversary of the Argentinean independence) but above all, they are no-Argentinean. I guess just the same way Swiss people are not-German or not-French.

I noticed that usually Uruguay loves Brazil and there are really good friends. Maybe the only difference has been in football... I think the greatest thing of our qualification system is that playing against all the other SAm teams make us even closer... it's common for a Brazilian talk about Uruguay or Colombia, or

Hahahaha... just give me Western Patagonia back and we are okey... and Cuyo! wink.gif

Uruguayans hates Argentinians just like Brazilians do. Maybe another reason for us to like uruguayans.

I don't have nothing against Uruguay, even in football. They were great in football 60 years ago. Now they are some good team in World Cup... Nothing further.

I prefer to erase Argentina from the map... Whole of them.

It's kind of petered out after a good first 25 minutes. Nowhere near as bad as France's first match in this tournament though.

This is easily becoming like France in South Korea in 2002, one of the worst performances in World Cup history. No goals despite all of that talent. Blanco just scored a penalty stemming from a Abidal dive. A curse is now on for the French following an appearance in a World Cup Final. This time though, the disgraceful scum's rotten legacy is showing even more so...

Meanwhile, calls for Le President to coach Les Bleues grows even more louder.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if South Africa get a result against this French side. Something is wrong, when you have players like they do, for them to perform like they do.

The way the French are playing, they'd struggle to beat anybody. It's difficult to know where to start to be critical, to be honest.

Fans and the the media like L'Equipe, Canal +, TF1, France Televisions are screaming for Raymond Domenech's blood now as I write this. Why the FFF keeps him on is one of soccer's greatest mysteries. I just saw that game, and all credit should go to Mexico's coach Javier Aguirre in the planning for this, making sure the French don't get aggressive in the goal area or near it. Their defensive was very effective there. France, on the other hand, couldn't kick for power. You got many players for Les Bleues who are stars on their club teams, but nationally, they are selfish, lethargic, unmotivated, undisciplined, unfocused, and negative. Where was the urgency? There's going to be a major housecleaning from the FFF after the World Cup when they get home (and they better hope people won't come out and inflict violence upon their arrival back in Paris).

Viva Mexico!! Much as I like French culture, somehow I cannot get behind their soccer team. Must be all that corn-braided hair. Those give me the heeby-jeebies.

THey were incohesieve and totally outplayed by the Mexicans.

Well, after 7 match-ups against which the subjects never won against the French, I guess Zapata and Pancho Villa's* boys finally chopped up Maximillian again!

*BTW, a great-grandson of Pancho Villa was shot down the street from me a few weeks ago. Too bad; very promising kid.

Almost total absence of any sense of team spirit from the French.There was no-one taking charge,no great,unifying figure for them to rally round.It was just 11 men kicking a ball around with little motivation or idea of what to do with it.Come back Zinedine Zidane!! :blink:

Well played Mexico.A deserved win!

But so far,its looking like an Argentina v Germany final to me!!

Way, way, way, way, way too early to say anything like that yet!!