Group G

Too many controversial calls, moves and cards in this game.

Refereeing was quite bad. Not a surprise that there was so much violence and arguments on the second half.

CIV tried to cheat and argue all the way after they were down 3-0. Kaka´s red card was a result of cheating. That was very unsportive behaviour of them. Couldn´t they just accept the situation and try to play instead?

Of course, there was some arguments on the brazilian side too. Fabiano scored his second goal after a subtle arm touch.

I need to say that the "near" brawl situation that happened on the second half is tottally referee´s fault. He could AND SHOULD call for every agressive faults from the beggining of the half.

Anyway, the 3-1 result was quite fair considering what we saw on the pitch. But I fell very dissapointed with players behaviou and poor refereeing

True. Now we'll wait and see. CdI will have to beat North Korea by more goals than the Portuguese team and pray that the Portuguese loose against Brazil. If not, they're out, right?

yes, goalscoring against NK will (probably) set the next qualified team. Let´s see how Portugal play against them tomorrow.

I dare to say that both teams will have trouble scoring against the strong NK defence.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRAZIL IS ALREADY IN

ROUND OF 16!!!

VAI BRASIL!!!

Gosh, some bad officiating (a hand of god and a bs red card...), we need video replay FIFA!

Please, "hand of god" is for those cheesy argentine.

The first "hand" was not intentional, the second one Luis Fabiano tryied to put the ball in the chest and used his arm to do it. It's controversial. I didn't see an intention, but if referee give foul against Brazil it would be not wrong.

It depends of how the referee saw that.

If I were the referee I would point foul against Brazil.

Luis Fabiano said after the goal that it was not intentional. rolleyes.gif

Anyway, a beautiful goal!

Brazil played much better, but far from the traditional Brazil's jogo bonito!

Unbelievable -- who would have expected that after the North Koreans gave the Brazilians such a hard time?

And I don't want to imagine what kind of reception they'll get in Pyongyang after that crushing defeat, especially against a developed and capitalistic nation.

Now at least Germany hasn't lost only the burden of being a tournament favourite, but also of having scored the highest victory in the tournament. Portugal, on the other hand, must be careful now not to become megalomaniac. Their opening match result and the fate of Germany after their 8-0 victory against Saudi Arabia in the 2002 World Cup shows that it could be a completely different matter in the next match. Especially since that match is against Brazil.

Nothing funny about it. :(

How can players still not realise there are 100 cameras following their every move on the pitch? Yeah, it might fool the ref but you have to live with being a total berk in the eyes of the world.

Still nothing will top Rivaldo's in 2002. A Turkish player got sent of after this one iirc. A permanent stain on the Brazilian's career:

1237035219_rivaldo-ball-to-the-face.gif

:rolleyes:<_<

Finally Ronaldo could score! I'm sure he paid all the NK team so he could do it... because he is so sure he will be the winner of the Golden Ball :unsure:

Anyway... I hadn't seen the foul of Kaka... totally stupid.

They were actually wearing, as we know, white jerseys. But here's a confirmation: North Koreans did get a chance to see the North Korea-Portugal match live on North Korean TV, thanks to a Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union deal--but following a 12-hour delay. Too bad they picked a bad game for DPR Korea to see.

BBC

ESPN

Ahhh, My Face!

Ahhh-My-Face.gif

Funny and ridiculous at the same time.

That guy is the one who should have been red-carded,not Kaka! It's an absolute scandal and I hope Fifa will act on this after viewing the video!! :angry:

Poor old North Korea. They overtake Australia with the biggest loss of the tournament so far!

I feel sorry and a bit anxious for those North Koreans! What kind of reception can they expect from the Godlike Mr.Kim when they return home?? :unsure:

They were actually wearing, as we know, white jerseys. But here's a confirmation: North Koreans did get a chance to see the North Korea-Portugal match live on North Korean TV, thanks to a Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union deal--but following a 12-hour delay. Too bad they picked a bad game for DPR Korea to see.

BBC

ESPN

It was the first WC match ever to be broadcasted live in North Korea, according many souces in the Internet.

Well... We don't know how long it took... Until 3-0? 4-0?

I don't know why you are being so optimistic. Brazil can barely defeat North Korea... and you want them to defeat 9-0 Portugal? Of course, Brazil will win... but will be 2-0 at best. Blame Dunga.

Brazil can barely defeat North Korea...

Portugal couldn't win over Ivory Coast... Football is not a science.

And it seems you will never undestand us, Brazilians.

Bolivia 0 x 0 Brazil 2008

Venezuela 2 x 0 Brazil 2008

Ecuador 1 x 1 Brazil 2009

Brazil 2 x 0 North Korea 2010

Brazil 6 x 2 Portugal 2008

Brazil 3 x 0 Italy 2009

Brazil 2 x 0 Italy 2009

Brazil 3 x 0 Argentina 2009

Brazil only plays well against the good ones. That's why we have more success in World Cups than Copa Americas...

My Hope Brazil 9 - 0 Portugal

We don't have good strikers to score 9 against Portugal this time. Only 5 in the maximum!!! tongue.gif

I don't know why you are being so optimistic. Brazil can barely defeat North Korea... and you want them to defeat 9-0 Portugal? Of course, Brazil will win... but will be 2-0 at best. Blame Dunga.

I want Cote d'Ivoire to go through, so the combined margin of victory has to be 9 or more.

Archived