Group G

I'll tell you what Krow, goal difference is going to be crucial now. What that means is if a team is 3-0 up against North Korea, they won't sit back, they'll keep trying to score more. A draw in the Portugal - Ivory Coast match was the best thing that could have happened for this group, and the worst thing for the North Koreans.

mm i figured it would be something like that to break a tie.

unfortunately our star player isn't in top form, but this is really no time for excuses. the world title is close at hand!

i think i'm going to start putting money on ivory coast wins in vegas to really spice things up.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This North Korean side is much more resilient than I thought they'd be though.

Sure it is !!! Much much more than anybody could expect.

They´re very very fast on counterattacks and tough on defense.

Although Brazil kept the ball most of the time (even more in 2nd half), they really had a hard time to find spaces among their defenders. Few times Korea got to steal the ball, they ran like crazy passing the ball quickly.

Korea is a quite disciplined team and will give some trouble to Ivory Coast and Portugal, for sure.

If anyone had any doubt that this would be the "Death Group"....

My point of view in this game: I dont think that Brazil played ugly. I think they played well but were terrible on shooting. Korea didn´t have many chances, but were effective on the only clear chance they had. I´m confident about Brazil gettin to the round of 16

Bad start to Brazil. Many things must be worked by coach Dunga.

Too slow team, not much creative and Robinho almost played alone. I didn't like it at all!

A lucky ball for North Korea and they scored... At least, Kim Jong Il will not kill them... or not.

I'm glad North Korea scored....I was getting worried for them, I wonder how these guys are treated at home???

Are the stars??

Are they rich like all the US/Brazil players???

How are they treated....it's all a mystery I guess.

I am not a soccer fan, but I started to watch this cup.....this was my first look at the famous Brazilian machine......I think they were in warm up mode.

I agree with a comment made by some Brazilian commentators. North Korea is the weakest team in this World Cup, and somehow, Brazil is not used to play against these kind of playing.

I mean, North Korea had two lines of 4 defenders... It's hard to pass through it and it's unusual in high perfomance soccer. As we say in Brazil, North Korea is "retranqueira" (full defensive as an amateur team).

My hope is that playing against Ivory Coast we will have a faster match, since Ivory Coast players are really really fast (as seen against Portugal). It will be a great match to watch, for sure.

this was my first look at the famous Brazilian machine......I think they were in warm up mode.

The 2010 team is far very far from the famous Brazilian machines we had in the past...

Exactly. The only team in the world cup playing a 9-1-0 formation. It's nice to see underdogs do well and their discipline is something a lot of sides could learn from but Christ, is it boring to watch when one team has no interest in attacking unless the ball is lost by the other side.

NKoreans watch World Cup defeat against Brazil, 17 hours after kickoff

PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Koreans finally got a glimpse of their football team against Brazil, 17 hours after the World Cup match kicked off in South Africa.

The game took place in the middle of the night North Korea time, but state-run Korean Central Broadcasting aired the match Wednesday evening.

The communist nation's sole TV channel typically does not broadcast overnight or during the day.

Footage from broadcaster APTN showed Pyongyang residents cheering as they watched Ji Yun Nam score a late goal.

"Our team lost, but Brazil is a very strong team. Some people think they might win the World Cup, and we lost only 2-1, so I think they did very well," football coach Pak Won Uk told APTN at Kim Il Sung Stadium.

AP (CP)

"Our team lost, but Brazil is a very strong team. Some people think they might win the World Cup, and we lost only 2-1, so I think they did very well," football coach Pak Won Uk told APTN at Kim Il Sung Stadium.

Which 2-1?

Probably North Koreans watched North Korea 1 - 0 Brazil...

FIFA keeps teams from practicing at Soccer City

JOHANNESBURG — FIFA is not allowing Brazil and Ivory Coast to practice at Soccer City to preserve the pitch for their Group G match on Sunday.

The Brazilian federation says Saturday the teams will not train at the stadium to avoid damaging the field.

Brazil on Friday had to switch practice facilities because of the pitch conditions at its training camp in Johannesburg. The five-time champions moved their Saturday practice to a school in Johannesburg.

Germany and Serbia also could not practice at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium ahead of the teams' match in Port Elizabeth on Friday, also to preserve the pitch. Serbia won that game 1-0.

AP

Brazil 3 - Côte d'Ivoire 1

Luis Fabiano did an outsdanding job, although Kaka has been suspended, but now Brazil will not have any problems on their group.

Poor Drogba, he was like the only one in the african team who did something

True. Now we'll wait and see. CdI will have to beat North Korea by more goals than the Portuguese team and pray that the Portuguese loose against Brazil. If not, they're out, right?

I thought we were going to have a full scale brawl after Kaka was given his second yellow.

Indeed, the Brazilian players where (understandably) quite peeved at that point... Gosh, some bad officiating (a hand of god and a bs red card...), we need video replay FIFA!

Archived