daveypodmores sig's: a retrospective

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say they gave me a gift with that logo, never had so much fun. I know I didn't adhere to their brand guidelines, sometimes I think you need to think of guidelines as guides not rules. And seriously they had brown in their color palette! I don't think we will ever see an Olympic logo thats so distinctive and versatile, and has so many possibilities (they never fully explored that fact, but the blame for that lies on the shoulders of the freaked out general public in my opinion) Anyway, working with it was a pleasure, and I will be very surprised if we ever see an Olympic logo like it ever again. Im sure lots of you will cheer at that, but for me, it could have been the start of something really exciting.

it was not the fault of the logo that the public got sour about it . was the presentation of the logo. if only the used a large version of the nike ad with the lines and bouncing on the screen to before forming the logo. like, if you watch art attack they do this big art project you can only see for a high vantage, i would have filmed people walk, bikeing and running in a straight line around the city and the form line of light then you pan up to the sky to see he logo formed with this lines of light,

but then again, hindsight is only good after the fact.

I would say they gave me a gift with that logo, never had so much fun. I know I didn't adhere to their brand guidelines, sometimes I think you need to think of guidelines as guides not rules. And seriously they had brown in their color palette! I don't think we will ever see an Olympic logo thats so distinctive and versatile, and has so many possibilities (they never fully explored that fact, but the blame for that lies on the shoulders of the freaked out general public in my opinion) Anyway, working with it was a pleasure, and I will be very surprised if we ever see an Olympic logo like it ever again. Im sure lots of you will cheer at that, but for me, it could have been the start of something really exciting.

Celebrating the Olympic Park blooming

Is one of my Favourites.

I like the Glastonbury esc feel of it.

The look of the London games was good but it would have been even better had it been like that,

Also

I don’t want to re-open augments abut the Logo,

But

Of course it was nice to have a log that could be Brocken up and used in lots of different ways,

But it need to work as a solid logo as well, and I’m still not sure it did.

I can't remember which is really bad, It should have been the pinnacle of the designs, my thinking is that it wasn't he he. I pretty much took most of the games off and was in London as the torch arrived there so I was a bit caught up in that

Archived