daveypodmores sig's: a retrospective

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed the very funny bio as well as your clever signatures. :)

If you ever get fed up with graphic design,you could always try your hand at being a comic writer.Seems to me you've got the knack for both! ;)

If you ever get fed up with graphic design,you could always try your hand at being a comic writer.Seems to me you've got the knack for both! ;)

You know, I was thinking the very same thing this morning. Or rather, screen writing. I mean, maybe it's just me, as I studied Film History, Theory and Criticism at university, but as I was reading his bio, I saw it as a film, with a narrator, and I saw Mr. and Mrs. Jones shaking their heads and closing the door to the camera while the narrator in a serious tone, says, "as it was 'with their lawyers'". I saw Mrs. Andrews bewildered frustration saying "How am I gonna get that out' (or his mother screaming about them "bleeding crayons"). I saw he and his family scurrying away from

Staffordshire at night. The visuals were very very funny in my head. I've seen films with scenes like this with this kind of deadpan humor, and when done right, it's really good.

• 3 years later...

Thought I'd bump this thread.

And I would urge people who like Davey's work to click on the "like this" button in first post in this thread - it's already one of the top rated most liked posts on GamesBids - it's deserving to be THE most well liked!

I had forgotten all about this, he he, I should dig out some of the sigs that weren't posted I guess. Sir Rols, have you considered the idea of a greatest Gamesbids bid logo of all time at all. I think that would be a very competitive vote

Some more sigs, that were discovered in an abandoned shed on the outskirts of Stratford

h4c1.jpg
15. Part of the Imagine Series: Football at Wembley

zdgp.jpg
16. Part of the Imagine Series: Tennis at Wimbledon

75bc.jpg
80g1.jpg
17 & 18. 2 different 2 years to go banners

Archived