Voting Round 2

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will it be?

• Atlanta
    • Lisbon

We say goodbye to Havana, Cuba and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Now it's your time to choose who should host the 2020 Olympics (well in this alternate universe dealie where 2 other cities have hosted in 2 other universes!)!

Vote now!

The following is a speech from the Atlanta 2020 CEO, during the voting for the 2020 Games

Ladies and Gentlemen, Members of Gamesbids,

I am speaking to you all here today, in the hope that my bid for the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Atlanta can triumph in this all important voting round of this competition. I decided to put forward my Atlanta bid, when watching the 1996 Centenial Opening Ceremony, with the excitement and fun, inspiring me to formally submit the 2020 bid. Over the last few weeks i have worked constantly to deliver and present to you all my ideas and passions, more so than i have ever done before.

SInce joining Gamesbids three and a half years ago, i have competed in nearly every fantasy competition, and like the Atlanta bid i have delivered many plans throughout the bidding process. These include, logos, slogans, banners, official songs, regular updates, promotional videos. It would be so easy to produce a bid book and wait until voting ends. I like to work as close as reality as possible, providing the voters with a range of materials that will hopefully show my dedication and hard work, to not only promote the bid book but also the city and the bid as a whole.

We are delighted that we have topped the IOC Evaluation chart, and would like to thank the organiser of the competition Lord David for doing us all proud.

1996 was the first Olympic Gamesmag-glass_10x10.gif that i watched, many years on we are always reminded about these games shortcomings and mistakes. I believe that everyone deserves a second chance and to better their previous performances.

So i say, from inside, and meaning every word as a true Gamesbidder, that picking Atlanta to host the 2020 Games would make our dreams come true, so that in turn we can make the athletes dreams a reality.

"We have a Dream"

Thank you all so very much

p149_01.jpgAtlanta%20logo.jpg

Scotguy

CEO, Atlanta 2020 Bid Committee

http://scotguy21.dev...-Book-163569989 Bid Book

Within 20 minutes I noticed at least 8 anonymous "members" coming in here and voting on mass for Atlanta....

I do, I believe, smell a rat. I try and stay away from these competitions and after seeing what happened in that short period of time today, in future I will.

The Atlanta 2020 Bid Committee would like to unveil its official Bid mascot.

Ladies and Gentlemen may we present to you: Atlantstar

Atlantstar.jpg

Atlantstar is in his American colors for the bid process. During the Games he will wear teh flags of each participating nation and also his own yellow color. He is one of the millions of stars that shine bright in the southern skies above Atlanta. He was formed 14 years ago, as the flame was extinguised at the Centennial Games and has came down to earth to shine and inspire athletes from all over the world.

The personal photograph at the end of every post by the Atlanta bid team was enough to make me vote against Atlanta. It's a ploy, like JAS saying "I'm not long for this world, vote for Madrid".

The picture has been in two posts. Can you show me where in 'every post' my picture has been?

The Atlanta 2020 Bid Committee would like to unveil its official Bid mascot.

Ladies and Gentlemen may we present to you: Atlantstar

Atlantstar.jpg

Atlantstar is in his American colors for the bid process. During the Games he will wear teh flags of each participating nation and also his own yellow color. He is one of the millions of stars that shine bright in the southern skies above Atlanta. He was formed 14 years ago, as the flame was extinguised at the Centennial Games and has came down to earth to shine and inspire athletes from all over the world.

The picture has been in two posts. Can you show me where in 'every post' my picture has been?

Even one was one more than necessary.

There is nothing wrong with showing people who made the bid and has done the work for it. When an Olympic bid is submitted, you know who the leader is, ie Lord Coe and Barbara Casanni for London 2012 or Giana Angelopoulos-Daskalaki for Athens 2004. If trying to make the Gamesbids Competition more like the actual events, has offended then i apologise.

The personal photograph at the end of every post by the Atlanta bid team was enough to make me vote against Atlanta. It's a ploy, like JAS saying "I'm not long for this world, vote for Madrid".

Well I for one voted for Atlanta based on the quality of the bid book, and was not swayed by the diameter of Scotguy's biceps.

There is nothing wrong with showing people who made the bid and has done the work for it. When an Olympic bid is submitted, you know who the leader is, ie Lord Coe and Barbara Casanni for London 2012 or Giana Angelopoulos-Daskalaki for Athens 2004. If trying to make the Gamesbids Competition more like the actual events, has offended then i apologise.

Don't worry, Scot, we got your intention of making your bid as realistic as possible, but the trollers here seems to have lots of free time to create a "polemic" per thread.

Here at Atlanta 2020, we would like to thank everyone who voted for us and are delighted that the Games are coming back to our southern city. FOllowing the announcment of our win a ahuge crowd assembled in Centennial Park. Tonight a massive fireworks and light show will light up the skys as we party here well into the early hours

See ya'all in 2020 for the Olympic and Paralympic Games in..... ATLANTA

Oh my, lost track of the time. Looks like Atlanta, USA is the winner.

So congratulation ATLANTA

and thanks to all gamesbids users who voted for LISBON 2020

It was a very interesting competition, I took a lot of pleasure to participate in it

OBRIGADO

The Atlanta Organizing Committee for the 2020 Olympic Games would like to show our support to the Lisbon 2020 Bid team who produced a great bid and with only 4 votes between the two cities, provided us with one of the best and closest competitions in years.

We look forward to welcoming the Portugese delegation along with the other countries of the world to our City.

As CEO, I have already signed the contract setting in stone our pledge and promise to host a great Games.

From the bottom of our Southern hearts, we say thank you, our dream has come true.

Archived